Chinese-Forums

Are They Still Working On ZDT?

Kobo-Daishi

Kaya wrote:

I can't follow you. What's the problem with these unicode D characters? Can't you add them to your flashcards?

I hadn't thought of using it with the flashcards.

I just thought that since they're not a part of the CEDICT/Adso/Handedict dictionaries that they wouldn't work.

Imrom wrote:

@Kobo-Daishi, what this means, is that if you can use Extension B characters in CDT (I've not tried so I don't know), then if you have a font with the extension C or D characters in them you should be able to use them just fine.

http://i41.tinypic.com/t9iauq.jpg

I forgot how to do the flashcards since I rarely use them but as you can see in the Annotator feature the character for spring (an extension B character) and the character for badge/insignia (an extension C character) both show up in the input and output regions.

But in the dictionary input the 2nd (extension C) character shows up as a small square.

I even set both the font choices for the font that includes extension C characters.

Also I got an error message because like jbradfor I installed Kaya's first dictionary update even though jBradfor had said he had gotten an error with it.

I thought it might have been that he was on Linux while I'm on Windows so might have a better chance of loading it correctly.

I'll try installing the updated dictionary when I've time but as is the program for me at least isn't a necessity.

Kobo.

I can't reproduce your unicode C problem. ZDT found your suggested entry in cedict and ZDT is able to display it. I can also create a flashcard, save and retrieve it. So it has nothing to do with my cedict update. Even if the character is not in your old cedict, you should be able to display it. Am I missing something?

vde68.png

I got another feature to work: until now user entries were copied character by character which is quite annoying when you have more than one character and want to copy the whole sentence at once. Also, the note (text, image and sound file) was never copied. Now it works :-)

You can copy in this manner entries between categories and also entries from the user dict to a categorie.

Copying from other dictionaries than user dict to a category will work as before, means character by character. I think this is not a problem since dictionary entries are almost always a single word and never a sentence.

kaya, if you are making code changes, I have two requests that I think are quite simple and would really help me.

1) For the "current score" for the SRS (what ZDT calls the "interval filter"), add a setting to set the minimum value it can go. [i have a post over here about why that is important.]

2) The stats have an entry for the last time that card was seen, which is used by the SRS. Could you change that to the last time that card was gotten right? The reason for this is that ZDT uses this date to determine when to show it next, and if I get a card wrong, and then exit ZDT before getting it right, it won't show me that card again until the next interval of time passes.

Thanks!

Done jbradfor.

Here is the actual changelog:

* Moved from java 5 to java 6

* Cedict plugin updated to v0.5.0

* Handedict plugin updated to v0.5.0

* Stroke animation plugin updated to v0.2.0

* Added support for importing and exporting flashcard notes (text, image and sound file location).

Thus, the extended default ZDT format is now: S T P /D/ N I A

S T P /D/ is the old format and the added N I A stand for: Note text, Image file location and A for Audio (sound) file location.

Image and sound file location can be an absolute path but should preferably be a file name since ZDT can be configured to point to a common image and sound file folder.

* Added option in Self Review mode to play associated sound file.

* Added option in Self Review mode to display flashcards in their order instead to get them randomly.

That's needed when reviewing dialogs such as Pimsleur for example.

* Added option to search the user dictionary, thus flashcards are now searchable.

* Added option to link the user dictionary with the category view, thus you see the flashcard containing the selected user dictionary entry.

* Added ability to copy from user dictionary to category.

* Added ability to copy between categories.

* Added ability to copy whole chinese sentences of user entries instead of copying them character by character.

* Flashcard notes (text, image and sound file location) get copied too when an user entry (flashcard) is copied.

* Added Interval Filter option to not count a wrong answer when score falls below a minimum value defined by the user.

* Added Flashcard Option to not update the timestamp on wrong answers.

* Bugfix of Smart Filter Settings.

* Bugfixes in message properties where % signs were not shown.

• Like 1

Imron wrote:

I believe that's the character, you'll have to wait for Kobo-Daishi to confirm though.

Yup, that's the character.

Kaya wrote:

Copying from other dictionaries than user dict to a category will work as before, means character by character.

What user dict?

And how do you access it?

Kobo.