Chinese-Forums

HSK office email - why no reply?

beijingbooty

Has anyone ever succesfully sent an email to the HSK head office in Beijng and got a reply ?

HSK-service@blcu.edu.cn

HSK1@blcu.edu.cn

I have been sending daily emails for the last week without a single response.

There is something seriously wrong with that. I never cease to be amazed.

If anyone has ever had an email response from these people then they are a better man than me.

Hasnt it been National holiday this past week? I heard most offices close for the full week, maybe thats why no one is replying. Either wait a few more days, or ring.

But generally Chinese are slack as on returning emails, why is that? Its quite an important part of business/service here in the west.

The National Holiday could be part of it – but I am constantly amazed at how little use some Chinese businesses make of the internet. The two offices I’ve worked in (as opposed to schools) had one ‘general’ email account for 12-20 people, which everything had to go though, or you had to use your own – which results in prospective customers getting emails from daydayhappy75 @ yahoo.com.cn – which frankly would not impress me, and more than once information was lost because someone left and understandably enough didn’t leave their personal email passwords.

And even if there are email addresses, they’re often not checked – my last office, they only checked email when they log on to send something, which was rarely, and the inbox would fill up with spam and the business stuff would bounce.

Basically, if I don’t get a response in 48 hours, I assume I’m not getting one.

I do think it’s changing – there’s a generational thing where the old bosses aren’t learning new tricks – they’re still handwriting letters for minions to type up – but the younger and more tech-savvy folk recognize the value of it.