Chinese-Forums

Language Schools in Shenzhen

g1izmo

Hey All,

I know this is a long shot, but does anyone know of any private (non-university) institutes teaching Chinese in Shenzhen? I have looked pretty hard on the net and only found one (Jiahua), so Im looking for some information from people on the ground, so to speak. I will be moving to Shenzhen soon from Beijing, I plan to spend my fist couple of months improving my Chinese, making friends, finding my feet etc.

A few more questions:

What is the expat seen like? Which areas have alot of expats? Any general comments..?

If anyone can draw any direct comparison from experience between Shenzhen and Beijing it would also be appreciated.

Thanks!

A while back I was talking to two people that spend some time in both places. One preferred Beijing, as she thought Shenzhen was too wild and uncontrolled. The other preferred Shenzhen, because she thought Beijing was stifling due to the every-present-feeling of the government around you.

天高皇帝遠.