Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Masters of Teaching Chinese to Speakers of other Languages

steveh

On 18/02/2017 at 11:04 AM, xuefang said:

So decided to go alone and start my own teaching company.

But xuefang, how are you going to sort your work permit?

You can't work on the S visa forever, eventually you will get caught out.

Or did you arrange everything already?

The forums and the Internet in general would greatly appreciate knowing what an average-joe foreigner has to do to be legally self-employed in China.

Hi everyone, thank you for your insights. I would like to ask how much supervision you get from your teachers/supervisors/thesis advisers? I am thinking since MTCSOL is a program which has a lot of foreigners, maybe they are more hands on to the Chinese writing and research skills of foreign students compared to other master's programs?

• Like 1

@Hyangmi17 Omg, I can't express how happy I'm right now. After reading your replies, I feel quite relieved and I'm glad you are a fellow Hungarian (am I right??). :D 
Is it possible to contact you somehow? This would be my first time applying for a scholarship (especially MA), so I have many questions. I'd be more than grateful if you could help me with some things concerning MTCSOL. It's so hard to find Hungarians who attended this type of scholarship. :( 
Thank you in advance! 
Fruzsi

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017年2月18日 at 8:09 PM, LinZhenPu said:

But xuefang, how are you going to sort your work permit?

You can't work on the S visa forever, eventually you will get caught out.

Or did you arrange everything already?

If you open a company in your own name as a foreigner you can apply for a work permit for your self. 

On 2017年2月19日 at 10:11 AM, jobm said:

I would like to ask how much supervision you get from your teachers/supervisors/thesis advisers?

Some supervisors pay more attention to the correct language usage and help you to correct more, some don't. For most of us foreign students they suggested finding a Chinese friend to help copyread theses. In general my teachers thought that we should already have a high level in writing Chinese and the emphasis is on the subject matter. But in reality the level of Chinese varied greatly.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...