Chinese-Forums

hsk test dates and college application dates

Leikuzi

I am looking to take the hsk in April, the supposed first of three available dates released for China in 2011. Sadly this is also the last month for applications to many Universities in China. I took it once before last year (and sadly got a 5 for the beginner-intermediate level, just one off). I want to take it again this year but is there any leeway in submitting an application and waiting for the results from the hsk to come through to submit that portion? Anyone with experience in the matter? thanks, preston.

I'm doing the same, but I'm taking the HSK next month--November 28.

They've just started online registration. You can visit the site to register at the start of the month.

If you took the November 28 test, you'd have your results before the start of 2011.

I appreciate the reply kdavid, but I'm gonna be in the u.s. until spring festival and I haven't been able to find u.s. test dates in 2011 anyway. If anyone has a link to those either I would also greatly appreciate it...or if anyone knows if you can submit applications to universities pending your results of the hsk that would be most ideal. thanks, preston

To find out about test sessions for the New HSK, go to that page

http://www.chinesetesting.cn/gokdinfo.do

Some centers might have sessions listed for 2011

Some centers have sessions listed for 2010, that may give you an idea about probable testing periods.

Some centers have no sessions listed, that doesn't mean they won't organise a session anyway.

You should contact the centers that you are interested in, and ask them for information.

However please note, the requirements for the New HSK level may be different from the old one.

That pages gives correspondence of level for university entrance:

http://www.chinesetesting.cn/gonewcontent.do?id=1384264

Hope this helps.