Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship - 2011

Brian US

I really wish I could be more help with these agency numbers guys, but then again I wish the CSC would be more useful...if you have exhausted all ways in finding the number (contact embassies and CSC) you might as well send in an application anyway.

@gaoxing

Applying to the university directly and through the CSC depends on what school and how badly you want to go to that school. I have heard rumors that Renmin University makes money on scholarship students, so they may be more likely to take them. I have heard rumors that Tsinghua does not get money for language students, so they may be less likely to take them.

If there is a school you want to enroll at regardless of the CSC results, then apply anyway. Best that you get accepted early than trying to apply for the fall semester in July when the CSC releases results.

@mani

I'm sorry to hear about your dilemma as it seems 'guanxi' is more important in Iran. Maybe try contacting schools in China to see about financial options, but this will be a big task.

@gwaimui

Like you just mentioned, apply through the D.C. embassy. I despise going to the Chicago consulate, because it takes four hours to submit anything.

@ross-brooks

Yea, let us know what options others have from the U.K. I think the only scholarship winners I have met were awarded through the Confucius Institute, so that leaves out many others.

• Like 1

For you guys in the UK, i'll be going through the process soon. I just need to get my medical done and i'll be sending everything off. I can't believe the medical is going to cost £170! all in all, it'll probably come to around £200 to apply for the CSC Scholarship.

• Like 1

@ Ross-Brooks

I am also a U.K. resident and have made a few posts on here already. If you have any luck with the C.I.s in Britain then do let us know but I should say that I spoke to friends at an institute with which I have studied in the past and though eager to help, they really couldn't allow me to apply through their Institute this year, even though I had studied there in the past.

I have now applied through the EU Window. There are a few other ways (private university scholarships etc) but I think that for U.K. residents it is quite limited this year.

@ thrice12

That is outrageous - £170 for the medical. I hope that you get it after such expense. I sent an email to the Chinese Mission at the EU and thankfully they agreed to accept a copy of my current health certificate as I am in China on a z-visa currently (just hope this doesn’t count against me now that they sent an email to confirm it won’t be a problem. Shouldn’t happen but TIC).

• Like 1

Hello EveryBody

I am china university student. Have Chinese Government Scholarship. My Course is Master in network system. When I reached to university i find that my university donot have upgraded courses and suitable major.

They forcely put me in transportation system. Also i am not interested to study in chinese. So i decided to change my university. For this reason I apply this year again for CSC scholarship 2011.

Some one told me that it is not possible to change university. But i donot apply to change the university.

Can any body know that is it possible to apply again for scholarship.

Currently i have 4 year Master scholarship and I apply now for 2 year Master Degree scholarship.

Any body help me and suggest wht i do

• Like 1

@thrice12

A notarized document should show somehow it is legit, but other means may pass: transcripts on university letterhead, sealed documents, signature from your doctor. To be honest I think a simple red stamp would suffice.

@hons_graduate

I assume you want to change your university, but this line confuses me:

But i donot apply to change the university.

Talk to your current school and then the school you wish to attend about your options. If you have no luck with this then you may need to apply again. Keep in mind you may not get the scholarship again and the CSC may be confused with you currently enrolled.

• Like 1

I submitted my online application! I plan on sending off the hard copy of the application tomorrow.

One more question: when I submitted my online application, it told me to download and print two copies of the PDF application. Should I include these with the hard copy application materials? Also, I'm having a hard time downloading the PDF that this links it to... has anyone else had problems downloading it?

About the Study Plan -- I wrote about a page and a half :).

• Like 1

Hi Everyone, just an update:

• Sent in my hard copy applications to the DC office last week, tracked the package online and it arrived 2/24. Checked online and my status message got changed as per the below, although I am not sure what it means. Have not gotten any email notification or anything since I sent in the hard copy application. 2/5 was the date I completed the online application.
    2/5: “Application form is currently checking”
    2/24: “Application form has already been recovered”

• Also, I wrote about 3 pages for the essay

@bigtops

Sorry for the late writeback, was out of the country traveling - please check your email.

@kayro

Where are you checking the online status of your application? At http://laihua.csc.edu.cn?

As far as I can tell, when you initially make an account, your status should say "Application form is currently checking" and once you submit the online application, it should change to “Application form has already been recovered”. It just means that your application was in-progress before and now it has been received online. It does not mean that it has been physically received by the embassy. At least, that's what I remember.

@fuzzypin

Well once i finish my medical (today), i'll be starting to fill out the application. Once i get all my results back from the medical, i'll be posting everything off. How's your application coming along?

edit: That definitely wasn't worth £300

edit 2: So i'm just filling out the online application, under the employment section, what does 'work engaged' mean?

Is anyone willing to help me out on the guarantor bit?

Thanks

Thanks Brother for reply..........

I say that i donot wnt to apply for change the university. Actually my one university fellow do this and he refuse..........

I want to know it that if I quit from my current status. And then again apply for scholarship..Is it possible that CSC assume me outside and give me a new scholarship.......

Please help me regarding this because i decided to quit . So that I go to another university....

THANKS

Just a few questions about what i need to send:

Notarised copy of my diploma and transcript

A copy of my medical - i don't need this notarised do i? My original has the stamp on, so do i just photocopy that and the rest of my results?

Study plan

1x letter of recommendation - from what i gather, only people that are wanting to do a degree need to provide more than 1, is that right?

2x online application form

postage stamps for them

Is that everything?

@thrice12

You need duplicates of EVERY document; there needs to be two sets of application documents. For example, if you have 1 letter of recommendation from Jim Bob, you need to get two letters from Jim Bob, two notarized copies of the diploma, two copies of your study plan, etcetera. Each set of application documents should mirror the other. For the transcripts, I believe you can use "official" copies instead of notarized copies. Official copies are copies sealed in an envelope and say "official" on them. Once you break the seal, they become unofficial. Usually, people notarize documents that have ONE original copy (e.g.: a diploma) and cannot be made numerous times. Transcripts can be ordered many times, whereas a diploma is typically not ordered more than once; hence, we make notarized copies of a diploma and order numerous official copies of transcripts, because there is no such thing as an original transcript.

Regarding the medical, have your doctor sign off and stamp two copies, if possible. If not possible, just send two photocopies. This part isn't too important. They just want to know that when you are sent to China, you won't have problems when they give you the medical check here (they'll make you re-do your checkup to get your resident permit).

Letters of rec., are not required for language students, but we don't know how they influence the overall application. I assume that good letters make a application stronger; so, one to three letters seems like a good call.

@Helios

Damn! I only have 1 copy of my notarised documents (diploma and transcript). The application procedure document they provide really isn't clear; it just seems they need one copy:

Documents you must provide in the package:

(The applicants must fill in and provide the following materials truly and correctly in Chinese or in English. All should be in 2 copies: 1 original copy, 1 photocopy)

1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (printable after your online submission);

2. Notarized (by public notarization agency or school authority) highest diploma. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with translations in Chinese or English;

3. Notarized (by public notarization agency or school authority) transcripts/study record/marks. Transcripts/study record/marks in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with translations in Chinese or English;

4. A study plan/motivation of no less than 400 words written in Chinese or English;

5. A recommendation letter;

6. a photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (Annex 3) and reports of Chest X-RAY and Laboratory Exam( test report of AIDS, Syphilis, etc). The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants is invalid. The medical examination results will be valid for 6 months.

Can i just photocopy my notarised copy? : /

This is for the EU one btw

I don't think you need two copies of EVERY document. I just sent in one official transcript and everything else was easy to copy. Recommendation letters don't necessarily need to be sealed, so just make a copy.

@hons_graduate

Read my original response and then come back to us if it doesn't work.