Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship - 2011

Brian US

@thrice12 and Brian US:

If you look at page three of the application form, it says this:

Note:Each Set of the complete materials should not exceed 20 pages.Please use DIN A4.

"Each Set" implies to me that they want more than one set of applications documents. This is my interpretation of their language.

However, maybe this means they want one original/notarized/official set and the other set is composed of photocopies of the first set. I think that's what Brian US means. The instructions are a bit confusing. As Brian US had success with this in the past, it seems reasonable that you don't need to order another notarized copy of your diploma, just make a copy of it.

About the medical

I saw some postings about the physical exam here and I just want to add that if your physical exam was done just a couple of months before you arrive in Beijing, you don't have to go through another physical here.

For example, if you did your physical in July and you arrive China in September, you don't need to get one so don't forget to bring the original with you:D

However, if you physical exam is expired (6mons) by the time you arrive in Beijing, you will have to get it here again. If you are on scholarship, you don't need to pay anything though.

@Helios

Thanks for clearing that up. Another question, on my medical form, i have my picture that's been half stamped (picture/paper) and the doctor has signed in. Obviously i'm keeping the original, but will they mind a photocopy of it? So basically the picture/stamp/signature will be a photocopy.

hons_graduate I still don't understand you. You say another university will accept you or just asking if they will? You need to ask the university yourself because we don't know where you want to go or your specific details. If that does not work then you will need to apply for another scholarship.

If you still have questions feel free to message me.

thrice12, a photocopy will be fine.

• Like 1

hi! can you please tell me what should be written under major if i am applying for chinese language program? and what does the guarantor part mean? what if i do not know anyone from china? thank you very much. :)

Hi! Just want to ask for your opinion. Aside from BLCU (which I think is the most popular), what other universities can you recommend for Chinese language program? :) thank you!

@aizjev

For the actual form you do not need fill out the major section if you are not pursuing a degree, yet you can put Chinese language training in the field of study. For the online application most people select 'Literature' under discipline and 'Chinese Language' under major.

I will send you guarantor information that you may use.

Sorry to be strict on this, but please browse the rest of the forum for information on language schools. This topic is reserved for the CSC scholarship. You may also start your own topic.

• Like 1

I'm an American currently living in Qingdao and trying to apply for this year's CSC Scholarship. I've combed the entire archives for 2011, 2010 and 2009 and still can't find a suitable contact person at the Washington DC embassy. Can someone please supply an email address for the person who deals with CSC in DC? I sincerely appreciate it.

Thank you extrapages for all the useful information.

You have to contact the Education Branch of the Chinese Embassy in DC (www.sino-education.org). I emailed the Second Secretary with questions about the who and where to send the application, along with when it was due. He sent me back these two Word docs, which only answer the first two questions, but nothing about the deadline. Kayro got a much more direct response, advising him/her to have all documents in DC by March 15th, 2011. So to be safe, I'd assume that's the deadline.

Hope this helps.

学生开展网上报名的操作说明E.doc

中国政府国别奖学金申请办法E.doc

Finally uploaded my application to the main post. Shouldn't be any surprises, but I got a lot of questions about it. I suppose one thing to note is that in China writing an "X" means that you don't want it. You are better off with a "/" or check mark. I know it is stupid, but when I'm at the bank they wouldn't take my application because I put a "X" on wanting a checking account...

http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h347/brian2211/CSCapplication1.jpg

http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h347/brian2211/CSCapplication2.jpg

http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h347/brian2211/CSCapplication3.jpg

Probably my second time ever uploaded a picture this way, so let me know if I did it wrong or have personal information that shouldn't be up there.

I'll hook you up poofspoon.

Well, delivery confirmation says my application arrived in DC late last week, so I guess that will be all for the time being. Although, if someone does have a reliable e-mail address for the DC Embassy CSC contact, I would very much appreciate if you'd be willing to pass it on. I may want to follow up after all the horror stories of lost mail.

Thanks to everyone here who has shared what they know--this forum has been the ONLY source of useful information over the past 3+ years I've spent wanting/hoping/intending to apply. Now I'm going to try my best to forget about this whole thing and focus on my Plan B, since I'm not getting my hopes up and it's out of my hands now. But I'll let you know if I hear anything interesting before July. Good luck, everyone.

@aizjev

Please, look at this year's and last year's thread as both of your questions have already been answered.

Thanks.

@ms.foo

I have PM'ed you the email address for the contact in DC. I hope your application is successful!

@oldsole00

The deadline this year seems to be March 15th. Last year it was March 31st. If I were you, I would get everything to the embassy by March 15th as this is the best information we have at the moment.

Also, who did you contact at the PRC Embassy who was unable to give you the deadline?

@Helios

I contacted the Second Secretary, Xiang Liu, by email.

@Everyone

Does anyone have experience sending their application in pieces? That is to say, I needed to send my official transcripts and notarized copies of my diploma from the States, while I'll send the rest from within China. Will the people at the Embassy be kind enough to keep an eye out for that stuff and put it together for me when the documents from China finally arrive, or am I wasting my time hoping that's the case? I emailed Xiang, but haven't heard back.