Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship - 2011

Brian US

@BrianUS

Are you suggesting it would be better to wait and hold your application past the deadline than submit it without the admission letter from the university? I would be surprised if that's the case.

I sent another email to the scholarship coordinator at NJU, and his response was:

Acceptance letter is not needed in the process of application ,eventhough it was mentioned on the application. We cannot decide if we will accept you application until CSC forward your application to us.

Best regards.

I'm interpreting that as "Get your stuff in on time, and we'll take a look at it when it gets here," which I think is probably the best bet. Of course, all of this is coming from a guy who is submitting his app in pieces in order to meet the deadline so I'm attached to that idea slash biased.

haii everyone,, 2days ago i just called to chinese embassy back here in Indonesia, i just ask them is it the CSC program already open (because i called everytime since december and they said the program hasn't been open and they don't know anything about it) and this time they said it's already open, i can apply there as soon as possible even though the deadline is on April 30th. But i'm still confuse here, whether i should send directly to chinese embassy or email to university that i want to attend first for confirm, because what i heard here and there, they who sent their application directly to the embassy so little chance to be accepted (mostly not accepted and they applied again the next year to the univ. first), they say i should send it first to the univ. and after the univ. confirm then should send it to embassy, is it so? anyone had experience on this?

for information, i didn't legalize my transcript and diploma certificate because the transcript already translate by my univ. and since the diploma certificate in bahasa indonesia then i already translate into english in a sworn translator, is that enough? about the physical examination, is it just fill the form or do i need to attach the medical result that i just check? i am applying for just only chinese language study for a year or two maybe, does it include in this scholarship too? thanks before to anyone who answering my question. ^^

ohh, one last thing, do i need to fill the guarantor part? does anyone can help me on this? maybe Brian US can? thanks a lot~

• Like 1

@oldsole00

I don't think the admission letter is that important, so you should still send in your application as soon as possible. My statement was mainly aimed to those that ran into serious problems like they couldn't get a physical or transcript in time.

@meipie

Did the Chinese embassy in Indonesia tell you to send your application to the University of your choice? If this is the case then try to talk to someone else in the office or the university. I'm not familiar with the Indonesian process, so if you can I would send a copy of your application to both the university and the Chinese embassy in Indonesia.

Do your documents look official like they are sealed, school letterhead, or stamped? Not sure what you are asking about the medical exam, but you should include copies of the chest x-ray and blood work if you can.

The scholarship does include language study. This is what most applications are for.

I'll send you guarantor information.

I actually went to HIT and spoke with admissions. I submitted all of the required documentation.

Now I'm just waiting for them to organize a test date. So, at least I'm in the system.

Second-hand experience tells me that getting into HIT shouldn't be a problem for me (as they're looking to bolster the amount of foreign students in the books). I'm just a bit anxious about not getting the CSC scholarship as tuition is quite expensive (25,000/year).

Hi all,

I have some questions to which I haven't found answer here yet, can somebody help me?

- Can I apply to Chinese Gov't Scholarship twice? I mean, for example to EU Window, and directly to a school for 'Postgraduate study' this year? Or they will notice this and dismiss all my applications?

- I have HSK 5 (the old version), if I apply for Masters, will they give me 1 year of language study or they gonna 'force' me to start my masters?

- I got Chinese Gov't Scholarship in 2009. Can I get it again this year?

@Keown

I am not sure about the first two questions but I know several people who applied for CSC a couple of times and each year they got it so as long as you meet their requirement getting another year of CSC shouldn't be a problem.

hi ..i wud like to knw ...in the heading... CONTACT IN CHINA AND FAMILY MEMBERS.......i have my fren in china,,im writing his address and name....but the application form made me a confuse in the family members......whose family member????...the applicant family member(my family member) or the chinese friend family member....plz anyone confirm this stuffs...plz inform me at kakaton06@gmail.com thxs

@oldsole00

Hello,

I am applying for the Chinese Scholarship Council's Government Scholarship for fall 2011. I will be applying through the Chinese Embassy in Washington D.C.

It is recommended that I receive a letter of invitation from Nanjing University to include with my application. Yet, it is impossible to apply to NJU at the current time. Is there another way to receive this letter to include with my application? Please let me know.

Thank you.

And the response:

Hello,

Here is the application form, please fill in it and send it back to me, I will deal with it for you. If you are accepted, I will send the admission notice to you in two weeks.

when you sent the email, did you include the attachment of your application too?? may i know which university you did send this email to?? thanks.

@Brian US

Did the Chinese embassy in Indonesia tell you to send your application to the University of your choice? If this is the case then try to talk to someone else in the office or the university. I'm not familiar with the Indonesian process, so if you can I would send a copy of your application to both the university and the Chinese embassy in Indonesia.

i forgot to ask about that when i made the phone call, it's because when i'm talking to that person on the phone he keeps telling me that he's busy.. <_< maybe i'll call again tomorrow morning and ask about it..

Do your documents look official like they are sealed, school letterhead, or stamped? Not sure what you are asking about the medical exam, but you should include copies of the chest x-ray and blood work if you can.

no, they are not sealed, but yes there is school letterhead and stamped too. yes, that's what i want to know, i have to attached the copy of the blood work result? and the cest x-ray? isn't that too big?

and thank you very much about the guarantor information, it really helpfull.

i'll try to keep update until i send my application to the embassy. thanks a lot!

@aizjev

for those who are from the philippines, what clinic or hospital did you go to for the physical exam? and how much did you pay for. :)

I did mine at Lopez Medical and X-Ray Clinic along Quezon Avenue. I don;t remember exactly but i think it was less than 3K.

Actually at the entrance of the Chinese Embassy along Buendia (the Visa Section) there is a list of accredited clinics that you can choose from. When you have your student visa processed, the embassy will only accept medical exams done by these clinics. Unfortunately there is no online version.

i have to attached the copy of the blood work result? and the cest x-ray? isn't that too big?

Are these large forms? If they are copies shouldn't it only be two pieces of paper? You can always scan and re size them to fit standard paper.

@沙以都尔

They want to know about your family members.

Hi Tianjin !!!

Actually I'm in Beijing and I have some difficulties to find some international stamps for my application package (scholarship EU WINDOW). Can you tell me please where did you get your international stamps in Beijing ? in which post office exactly ? because i don't know what to do, I miss only these stamps for sending my package.

Cheers

no they wont give u....u need to apply for fresh one ...so better u just enjoy tat scholarship itself ..dnt change..its difficult to get scholarship so..be wise..never change here n there ????????

hi meipie ...did u apply ?????

@meipie

Is it possible to just fold the copy of the x-ray?

@沙以都尔

I don't understand what you are saying. Please address who you may be talking to and write in full sentences.

@Robbie513

I'll send you guarantor information.

@Brian US

i think i'll copy the summary of that x-ray that my lung is normal. oh gosh! i'm so nervous to send it..

@沙以都尔

yes i want to apply. how about you? already got the scholar last year?