Brian US

So i'm sending off everything tomorrow! Here it is:

Application letter i did online

Recommendation letter

Medical form + blood and x ray report

Notarised diploma

Notarised transcript

Study plan (800 words)

I'll be sending off 2 copies, so around 14 pages in all.

I think that's everything....

hi

I am trying to apply for ci scholarship and csc scholarship.firstly is there any difference because

auckland confucious institiute doesnt seem to think so.for ci scholarship when it the deadline,do i need

to submit through my local confucious institute,auckland cofucious institute says ci scholarship hasnt been

released yet,i find this hard to believe as a have an online account.auckland c.n says for ci scholaship they

just have to sigh it then it is up to me to send it,is this true?if so where do i send it.

Is the guarantor just a contact in china because when i showed my chinese friends they said it counldnt be any one

i know.For csc scholarship when is the deadline?is the agency number the chinese uni number or embassy number,i phoned the china embassy to nz about this and they had no idea what i was talking about.does the csc scholarship

meant to go through my local confucious institute.last year i went to china to represent nz at 3rd chinese bridge

competition for foreign secondary schools students so this should increase my chance of getting scholoaship,right?

please someone help, iv reaseached for days and phoned so many people but nobody seems to know anything

thanks william

hi

so for the csc scholarship do i give it to china nz embassy(as you stay on first page)

or do i give it to auckland confucious institute.i have phoned them both and they have no idea.

do you think it is a little too early to send them my application.

thanks william

Has anyone had any issues in getting confirmation that they're application package has been received by the embassies they've mailed it to?

The day I handed my stuff over to DHL I sent the PRC Embassy in DC an email notifying them of the shipment, as well as providing the tracking number.

When I confirmed the package had arrived at the embassy and been signed for, I sent a follow up asking them to kindly confirm they've received it. This was several days ago, and I've still yet to receive a response.

Perhaps I'm being overly optimistic in assuming that Chinese abroad would be as well organized and expedient as a typical western company would be. If the Chinese working at the embassy are anything like those here on the mainland, I probably won't receive a response.

• New Members

Ni Hao!

My name is Agnes from Jakarta. I just signed into this forum, thanks to Josephine from Manila.

Currently I have been trying to apply for the Chinese language training, the Chinese Government Scholarship program by the China Scholarship Council.

It is extremely difficult to contact this CSC and its dispatching authorities in Jakarta and Beijing. I have been contacting them without results. All my emails and calls to the Chinese Embassy in Jakarta and Indonesian Embassy in Beijing were ignored.

At present, I don't know when is the Indonesian deadline and what postal address for sending my application package.

If those dispatching authorities can not be identified, can I simply send my application to CSC directly? Or would it be useless? (because i read in the guidelines: individual application will not be considered by CSC)

What is CSC address? Because in the net, I found two different office addresses for CSC.

One is No. 160 Fuxingmennei Street, Beijing 100031, P.R.China, the other one is Level 13, Building A3 No.9 Chegongzhuang Avenue Beijing, P.R.C, Postcode:100044. Which one is the correct one?

So confusing...

Hoping for some enlightments. Looking forward to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,

agnes

@Agnes

If you are already in Beijing, you can call the CSC office. I actually talked to one of the representatives a couple of days ago. However, be prepared to call them as many as twenty times and you might not get the answer you want. When my friend from France went down to the office, the CSC asked her to call the Chinese Embassy in France. You would be better off to ask another Indonesian on scholarship from last year. There is no point of sending your application directly to CSC since they don't accept the individual application.

A friend of mine actually went to the office last semester so the office actually exists. However, I am not sure which one is the correct one. I thought there was only one at Chegongzhuang Avenue.

Hope this helps.

@kdavid

I don't think they would send you a confirmation email. I sent an email to a person-in-charge and kindly asked him whether he received mine or not.

@agnes

did you call to the chinese embassy? when? i called them last week and they pick up my phone and answered all my question, even though they always said that they're very busy.. fyi, the deadline is April 30th, that's what they told me last week on the phone.. hope it helps~

• New Members

Dear Meipi and all,

Thanks for the immediate responses.

Yes, I have been calling the Chinese Embassy in Jakarta for the past three weeks (calling from Spore). There was one time that someone answered my call, only to tell me: call tomorrow to this number, ask for Mr Chen. But after that, the next time I called the Embassy again, nobody pick the phone.

Btw, what is the phone number that you dialled, Meipi?

Ohya, I am in Spore at the moment. So, I'm preparing my application from Spore. That's why I need to make sure WHEN is the Indonesia's deadline and WHO is the person in charge at the Embassy so that I can directly post my application to him/ her.

Anybody willing to kindly share WHO is the person in charge (at Chinese Embassy in Jakarta) for receiving the Chinese Government Scholarship application? I dont know any Indonesian CGS recipient, at the moment, can somebody introduce me to one...

I'm a bit desperate here...

Hoping for more enlightment...

Thanks so much,

Agnes

@agnes

when i called i'm talking to mr.Chen or mr.Zhen (i can't hear clearly) myself.. and he's the one who told me, do not mention his name when sending the application. so, i consider that as, he's the person in charge there, because everytime i called he's the one who picking up my call. just send it to the culture office of chinese embassy back here in jakarta without to who attention name. just follow their rules i think..

can i ask you whether you notarized the transcript and ur diploma? well, you know, back here in jakarta notarized some papers it cost a lot money.. ^^ where did u graduates from?

hi

for the agency number do i put my country's chinese embassy or the university number in china?

i have phoned chinese embassy in new zealand but they dont want anything to do with this scholarship.

could i put in the embassy agency number and post my scholarship material myself?if so would i post

it to the university i want to go to in china or is there a specific adress that i need to send to?

thanks

@billz

It is possible that New Zealand does not offer direct scholarships through the CSC. You should look into other options like the Confucius Institute or call universities in China directly. Unless you arrange plans beforehand, a university will not take a direct application. Keep in mind that the deadlines are almost up, so you may not have any luck this year.

Good luck to those who already applied. The waiting game begins. If it makes everyone feel better, I had to wait until the end of July to get my acceptance. Apparently I was of only TWO Americans they hadn't decided on yet.

Does anyone have full list of agency number for al universities in China? I saw the available list but cannot find some. For e.g: Nanjing shifan da xue, Wuhan shifan da xue. Without agency number I cannot complete online registration

Thank you very much

Without agency number I cannot complete online registration

What country are you applying to? You should use that country's agency code.

For EU applicants, what are you guys putting for the agency number in the online application? Are you doing your home country or the university?

hi

does anybody know the deadline for the csc scholarship.

on their website its says the deadline is 30th april 2011,is it different deadlines for different areas?

Is anybody here from new zealand,australia or pacific islands? if you are can you please tell me how you have applied for the csc scholarship.

thanks william

• New Members

Hi everybody! I know that 4001 Embassy of P.R. China in Mauritius. 4041 for Kenya. 4002 is Monaco. 5041 is Embassy of Morocco in P.R.China. I need agency number for Kazakhstan. Maybe someone knows it? I really need this as soon as posible!

Update for previous message. 4001 Jordan. And 4221 Lebanon.4661 Mali.

@billz

different regions have different deadlines. for example, most of embassies in Canada had the deadline of end of December, 2010. (some had it till the beginning of February) I talked to people from the Pacific Islands, they all told me their deadline last year was the end of April. However, things might have changed this year so you better find someone from your country to make sure everything will be sent on time.