Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship - 2011

Brian US

Hello,

Could you please help me with one question? It is said that you have to provide a 'Notarized highest diploma', I will get my diploma only in summer, will the transcript issued by the university be enough, or do I have to send them a copy of my high school diploma?

@tratata

When I applied last year, I was still in school so I just sent my university transcript.

(after all, having a university transcript means you already graduated from high school.) However, make sure you talk to a person-in-charge as things can be different from country to country. I sent an email before I sent mine in. Hope this helps.

@madik

Thank you for your reply! The things is when I applied in my home country, I just submitted the university transcript and it was ok. But now I'm trying to apply for the 'EU window' scholarship, so I don't know whether they have different requirements. I sent an email, but the answer was a link to the site and advice to read carefully ;)

If you cannot find the agency number then try the number for your first pick university. This will automatically fill in that school as your first choice.

From first post.

After a few emails back and forth with the people at Beijing Foreign Studies University, I have received some idea of the progress of my scholarship application (I am from Canada)

BFSU (was my first choice university) has already received my application materials from CSC, and are currently in a "verifying process". I should expect to know results about my acceptance in early April is via their website, this is what they've told me.

If they were forwarded my materials by CSC, does this indicate that I likely have received the government scholarship??

Thanks~

This is where your application will be going:

Steps

1. You send your application to a third party representative of CSC (maybe your school).

2. The third party (OR you can apply directly) sends application to your native country's China Embassy.

3. Your native country's China Embassy sends your application to the Beijing CSC office.

4. The Beijing CSC office sends your application to your selected schools.

5. If and when a school accepts you, your acceptance is sent to the Beijing CSC office.

6. The Beijing CSC office sends your acceptance to your native country's China Embassy.

7. The China Embassy sends your acceptance and all needed documentation to you.

At any step of this process your application may be rejected. Again we don't know why, how, or when the decision is made. In the end, the school gets a final say on whether you receive the scholarship or not.

From first post.

@tratata

Hi! Last year I also applied to the EU scholarship, and I was in the same situation like you, not having the university degree yet. So I sent the high school diploma, and the university transcipt and that was OK (since i got the scholarship :rolleyes:)

Hi everybody, I've just called Chinese Embassy in Washington, the told me that the deadline 2011 is March 30. So i have at least two weeks to submit my application. :P

Yup, after 3 days and 20-some phone calls I finally got a hold of someone who told me this as well. No replies to emails, and no replies to messages. Today I found this wonderful thread and started really wishing I had found it about 3 months ago.

No replies to emails, and no replies to messages.

I mailed my stuff off about two weeks ago. I verified through online tracking it had been signed for.

I sent two emails--one the day it was shipped, another the day it was signed for. Both times I politely asked for confirmation it had been received.

No replies yet.

I applied to EU Window. Do you know can I apply to other CSC Scholarship directly to a Chinese university? Or the CSC will notice and disqualify me because I applied twice...?

Try to confirm they received your application for the EU. If you are really worried then you can contact universities to see about individual scholarships or financial aid plans. You will not get the CSC scholarship by applying directly.

*sigh*

The university I applied to has now decided (definitely) that they no longer have a history department.

When I sent in my CSC application, I only wrote down one university, which I'm quite certain I no longer want to attend.

I'd like to change my preference. Does anyone have any experience with this? Would it be possible for me to change the university I want to go to?

I was looking at for example Shanghai Gov't Scholarship application forms and they have a rule that 'I ensure that I am not applying to any other Chinese Government scholarships at the same time'. Is there anybody who applied to both and despite of this got one of the scholarships? (or both...)?

@kdavid

Sorry to hear about your situation. Your best bet is pick out your new choices and notify the CSC as soon as possible. Also try contacting those individual universities and explain your situation. If all else fails you can only hope the CSC will forward your current application onto other schools.

@Keown

I think I talked about this on another topic, but the city scholarships are offered through the CSC program. I don't know if they communicate at all but since they ask you not to apply to another, there is a chance they do. Try contacting schools you wish to attend in Shanghai, as perhaps some aren't on the CSC list but may accept city scholarships.

Hi all,

I am Sarah from Indonesia.

I am so excited to apply the Chinese Government Scholarship.

I wanna ask is there one of you who knows the agency number of China Embassy in Indonesia?

I called the embassy, but they did not help at all.

The staff even told me that the deadline is the end of May 2011, one month after the CSC deadline.

It is harder to get information about Chinese scholarship rather than other scholarship...

If you cannot find the agency number of Indonesia then try the number for your first pick university. This will automatically fill in that school as your first choice.

Thank you Brian. I was wondering whether there would be a pre-selection list earlier than July.. Like for the EU scholarship in 2009, in mid-May they already put it, but last year, it was very late. I hope this year they gonna be more reasonable. Also, do you think it could be a good strategy to contact my first/second choice of universities whether they got my application? Because I assume if they did receive my application, that means I managed to get through the EU Brussels Mission selection, right?

Anyway, I am confuse about the research plan.

I have conducted one, just like a thesis proposal about 1400 words. Is that too much? I've also put references in there.

But I've read previous post in this forum, and some of them describe study plan like a letter of motivation or professional objectives.

Could you explain me about this?

Thanks, Brian.

I assume they will release the results in June or July. The university may only have your name if you are accepted. Last year I applied to:

1. Tsinghua University

2. Beijing University

3. Renmin University

Around June I went to Tsinghua and Beijing University to see if they had my name on file. Neither did, so I lost hope and didn't really bother. Turns out that Renmin University accepted me. However, keep in mind that you may not get one of your top three choices. You will have no idea what school you may end up at.

The current plan is to close this topic after the April 30th deadline so we can focus discussion on the application process. We can then start a new topic for those waiting on results.

@saranisa

Mine was probably 300 words and setup like a CV cover letter. Talking about how awesome I am and how giving me the scholarship would be the best way to invest their money (politely and professionally). You can keep it to a page, or if you are doing a PHD you can go into more detail.

Edit: I forgot that most degrees from bachelor's to PHD's done in China include a thesis. Maybe it is a good idea to go into more detail with this.