Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship - 2011

Brian US

My constant search for more information about the status of my application continues... (hope this may help others or that others can give me advice on what to do?)

Last night I sent out this email to my 1st choice university.... (pardon the awkward chinese)

吴小姐 您好,

我是一名加拿大大学生。上个月我给您发了电邮问关于中国政府奖学金的结果。

在您的回复里 您说4月初我就可以在网上查询到结果。

我去了北外的网址 (www.bfsu.edu.cn) 但是没找到。

请问结果是不是已经公告了? 如果已经公告了,我在哪个网址能找到?

谢谢您

(Hello miss wu, i am a canadian university student. last month i emailed you in regards to the chinese govt scholarship results. in your reply, you told me that results would be available online in the beginning of april. I tried searching BFSU's website but was unable to find anything. Have the results been announced/published? if so, at what web address will i be able to find them?)

and... i found this reply in my inbox this morning....

关于中国政府奖学金的结果请在孔子学院总部的网站上查询。

(for the chinese govt scholarship results, please go to the main confucius institute webpage)

I have skimmed through this entire thread and last year's thread and have never found anyone mention results being posted on the CI website ... after searching their website for a while... i only managed to find this

http://ci.chinese.cn/BasicSystem/Confucius/ScholarshipSelect.aspx

too bad i have neither an account, password, or "code" ............

I applied for a scholarship for PhD program in Wuhan University. Today someone from their International Office told me by phone that the results would come out in mid-May and should be available on CSC website. Apparently, CSC website has no place for application results...

cheung3k: have you tried to confirm with that Miss Wu that CI website is the right place? Because when we apply for a CSC scholarship we are not given the 用户名 or 申请单编号. That's CI scholarships'.

Brian_______Well, I was going to use my traditional Yooperjusty username, but I figured no one would know what that means :)I'ze be a true Yooper and had the fortunes of going hunting up der dis seasun ;) Can I just send my transcripts without notarizing? I'm gonna have my parents overnight all my stuff next week...will that still be in close enough timing to have a chance?

joao: yeah i replied to her email telling her that the CI website required an account/password which I do not have... and then I got this two days later?

"你好!经确认,你已经被我校录取。请耐心等待中国国家留学基金委寄送的录取通知书。"

Hello! Through confirmation, you have already been accepted by our school. Please patiently await the CSC to send you your acceptance letter.

I am super happy as I am 95% assuming this means I have received the scholarship! I am still a bit paranoid that this is not a *forsure* indication that I have received it though.... :unsure:

@Justy_Michigan

If your transcript is sealed with official letter head and stamps it will probably do. I can't make any promises on the due date as other members have reported that there was a March 15th due date this year. However, we do have members that applied in late April and still received the scholarship last year. Doesn't hurt to apply, but always plan ahead.

Remember you can always keep yur pasties in the truck during winter, but don't forget your pop!

@cheung3k

Congratulations! I know the feeling of disbelief as I didn't believe I had the scholarship until I got that first 1700 deposit and started classes.

@aizjev

Just make sure the medical documents have some authentic looking letterhead and the doctor's signature. Official stamps are commonly red in color and cover EVERYTHING in China. For some reason they have yet to realize the rest of the world doesn't use them.

EU Applicants:

Subject: Chinese Government Scholarship (EU Window)

Dear scholarship applicant,

Thank you for your email.

Please be kindly reminded that the deadline for application is March 30, 2011 and we have closed the gate for application. The pre-selection result will be released on our website (www.chinamission.be) at the end of July or early August. The month of April is for evaluation of applications which exceeded

700 for next academic year. If you have any questions, please go to the webslite of China Scholarship Council (www.csc.edu.cn) for information.

Best wishes and good luck!

• Like 1

Hello,

I'm from Pakistan and I'm here to share my experience to this scholarship..

lately the Prime Ministry of China came to our country and announced that because of Pakistan and China relationships are very strong we will be offering 500 full scholarships to Paksitani Students every year, and I really think its wonderful as more students from Pakistan would be going to China to study..

I wanted to ask is, the Foreign Physical Examination form that needs to be filled out.. requires certain medical tests, that can be done at any laboratory.. but my uncle suggestion me to get it done from "Agha Khan University Hospital" and its the most expensive available in the country.. so is it necessary to get it done from a high reputed organisation or it doesn't matter much if its done from any other place such as a Govt. Civil Hospital? .. can anyone please guide me to it?

• Like 1

and I have 500 full scholarships in my country, does that mean I have higher chances of getting the scholarship? :D :D .. cause I can assure that from my province hardly 50 people would have applied as most of the people don't know much about this stuff, keeping in mind that 500 scholarships in my country are divided into 4 provinces, that means there are different number of seats reserved for every province thingy .. so if 50 people apply and the qouta is of 100 seats, does that mean all of those 50 gets selected? :D I mean I know I'm not supposed to ask questions like this as said in the first page, but still was just wondering about it.

Okay, so I have got everything setup and I'm about to send it to the embassy..

the main problem is.. the total pages were 46 that I counted..

I know I know the limit was 20 pages written on the application form, but let me tell you what really happened with me.

I was searching for scholarships on 18th of may in the morning and I visited my Government's Ministry of Education website, there it was written about the scholarships and it was written to send a couple of documents to them (ministry of education) afterwards they called me and told me that we have sent you name to the embassy and now fill your form online and then print it out and send it to the embassy..

later on when I was gathering the required documents I got a letter from the Ministry of Education regarding the instructions, that send 4 sets of the application form, 4 blood report test copies, one recommendation letter(with one original copy and three photocopied) ..

now if you sum all those pages, it becomes 24 pages already.. and till now I did not yet attached my certificates and all that .. so after attaching everything the pages are 46 in total.. and I'm sending all of these..

but can anyone please tell me what the Ministry of Education of Pakistan has to do with Chine Embassy and why did they ask for different number of copies to be sent to the Embassy? can anyone please help me out I'm confused.

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:07 AM

Hi!

When should US applicants expect to hear back? Those who applied last year from the US, around what time did you get your notification???

I know most don't find out until mid July, some may find out around June. The best way is to find someone at the schools you applied and have them go to the office. Most of the time the staff there will tell you if they received an application from CSC and if they approved this. In my case this information was available around the end of May. However I didn't get notice until July 20th.

Hi,

I am writing for some help with the CSC application process.

You see, I have already filled the online application for fudan university and sent the additional documents with it to Fudan uni. Now I want to apply to Central South Uni as well but each of them expressly mentioned that I shall not be eligible if i apply to any other school.

Would it be wise to make 2 applications online and send to the 2 schools ? Would I get disqualified?

Please advise me on this.

Thanx

Why didn't you apply through your native country? If these schools offer their own individual scholarships then we have a very hard time with the application process as their requirements vary too much.

This seems like the same problem another member had a bit back with schools in Shanghai. If both the schools go through the Beijing CSC office then it is easy for them to mix up applications. Again we only cover applying to the CSC and not really through schools directly.