Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship - 2011

Brian US

Hey! I just wanted to say that I contacted the embassy earlier this year and a Mr.Zhai Jianjun sent me all of the application form information in a WINRAR file. He was extremely helpful and very punctual. According to the document called "Application Procedure", all document must be submitted(online/hard copies) by December 20th, 2010 to the Ottawa Embassy in Canada. It also stated you needed three(3) copies of: printed online application form, two reference letters, notarized transcripts/diploma for your studies, a detailed research/study plan, proof of HSK and for Art students, 6 pieces of artwork while for music students(myself), an audio tape or CD or DVD.

Furthermore, it included a list of all institutions you could attend, a PDF explaining the online application process with included agency number and an introduction to the foundation program(for students applying for bachelor's degree but have not reached appropriate Chinese levels).

Also, for anyone else out there who happens to be applying for a four year undergraduate program in music, they only have 2 institutions which are supported: Central Conservatory of Music and Shanghai Conservatory of Music. They also have many "____ Normal University" but the programs at those schools are unrivaled to the former mentioned. For my top 3 choices for institutions I wrote: Shanghai Conservatory, Central Conservatory, Shanghai Conservatory.

Hopefully this post will be useful for someone somewhere down the road.

Cheers

Thanks for the reply!

I thought the forms would update - the ones listed are out of date - I also read it as the dates would update... hmm..

Contact the embassy - should be fun, they never replied before when I was in my country - not sure how it will go from China.

Troy

I don't see why not. For example: Hangzhou Normal University's music program is unrivaled to Shanghai Conservatory of Music's music programs. Are you confused about the use of unrivaled or are you confused about the statement itself? The point I was trying to make is that practically every major city has a "Normal University" and that most of them have music programs which are ranked much, much lower than the two conservatories I listed in the previous post. Therefore, although someone could potentially list "Hangzhou Normal University" as their third choice in universities were they to want to study music, it would be far from the best of choices.

it will be a long journey but it is worth it! it took me a month to find the exact deadline but getting hold of someone at Chinese embassy in your city is the only way to know your deadline sadly.

My problem would be I don't have that long.. they need to reply asap, if the deadline matches last year! (Dec 26).

Have trouble finding/contacting the person at my school too - no help at all!

Troy

As far as I know, forms don't change. (please correct me if I am wrong here.)

It appears the forms may not update this year. Last year only the main application was updated, so I assumed that this year might have a new one. Obviously those with December due dates can't wait, but I'm always concerned you get in trouble for using the wrong letter head.

Hi,

I also have a question regarding application for CSC scholarships from inside China. I have read the posts above involving thewamphyri but still have a few unanswered questions. Has anyone reading this successfully applied for a scholarship whilst in China.

Last year a number of friends successfully applied for a Confucius Scholarship through a CI back in the U.K.. I am out here working privately and would like to apply for a scholarship next year. Obviously, no CI's here, and would be the best option, so failing this - what do we think is the best way to apply? I have enquired with my former C.I. in the U.K if I could apply through them again but obviously this is unlikely.

Has anyone reading this successfully applied for a scholarship whilst in China.

Me.

what do we think is the best way to apply? I have enquired with my former C.I. in the U.K if I could apply through them again but obviously this is unlikely.

You can always apply through the C.I. or apply directly to the CSC. Just send the application to the Chinese embassy in the U.K. (assuming you are a British national) .

Hi,

Because I am confused over the whole embassy/consulates and the actual differences does anyone know of a list showing the addresses for various countries?

In particular I want to know where to post to in Australia - but I figure knowledge of a list would be helpful overall for others.

Troy

Because I am confused over the whole embassy/consulates and the actual differences does anyone know of a list showing the addresses for various countries?

Sent you the contact information for Australia.

can you just send the application and other materials to the embassy in DC rather than the consulate nearest your city?

Yes, it is probably better you send it to the DC embassy.

On another note, I doubt the application forms will change for this year, so just use whatever is on the site.

Anybody willing to be my guarantor? The few people I know in China have not gotten back to me. I'll pay it forward next year of course. :)

Also, is it necessary to have recommendation letters? Here it says (emphasis mine):

5. Recommendation letters: Applicants for postgraduate studies, or study in China as senior scholars must submit two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English from professors or associate professors. Applicants who apply in China shall submit the Admission Notice or Invitation Letter issued by the targeted university.

its urgent

i have done bachelor in dentistry.i want to apply for master program.

i am really confused,please help me out.whether it is necessary to have the admission letter before applying for Chinese government scholarship or completing the application form ans send it to china embassy in our country

or i should also apply to the university before 15 december but i cant have the admission letter before 15 december ???.the deadline is 15 december.

please clarify the situation to me.

thanks.

its urgent

i have done bachelor in dentistry.i want to apply for master program.

i am really confused,please help me out.whether it is necessary to have the admission letter before applying for Chinese government scholarship or completing the application form ans send it to china embassy in our country

or i should also apply to the university before 15 december but i cant have the admission letter before 15 december ???.the deadline is 15 december.

please clarify the situation to me.

thanks.

Dear sir,

it it necessary to apply for the master program in the china university before applying for Chinese government scholarship or sending it to china embassy ??????

or i should send my document to china embassy,they will get admission for u ?????

please clarify the situation.thanks !!!

it it necessary to apply for the master program in the china university before applying for Chinese government scholarship or sending it to china embassy ??????

No, it is NOT necessary to apply for the masters program with the China university before applying for the CSC.

Send your application to the Chinese embassy in your home country. The first post will clear up most of your questions.

I should clarify my above question about recommendation letters. Is it necessary to include them if you're there as a Chinese language student only, and not in any degree program or as a senior scholar? The thing I quoted seems to indicate that it isn't, but another page on this site (can't seem to find it now) seemed to indicate that you should include 2-3 recommendation letters. I'm having a hard time getting my former professors to respond (one is on sabbatical, so it's understandable), so I'm getting a little worried. Thanks!