Chinese-Forums

HSK 商务考试

lindseyohcheer

I took the HSK business test (produced by BeiDa) today with the other students from class 17-29. It's a pre-test and we were guinea pigs. Because it's a pre-test we didn't have the subjective part of the exam (so I don't know much about). Anyway, the test was difficult for two reasons:

1. We were only told that we were taking it on Monday (as in this week)

2. the business vocabulary is different from what you learn in class

For the first part it's 45 questions of Tingli. It went by so fast that I couldn't catch some. This one uses more words that are normally taught in class.

THe second part is 50 questions of reading 理解 and I only got about 35 done. This one is harder bec. it uses business terms. THe only preparation I got was cramming in the chapter about job interviews from my Han Yu book and a chapter from the Business Chinese class from (specifically the one about business organizations) www-rohan.sdsu.edu/~chinese

amazingly, those came in super handy.

The test doesn't really serve it's purpose as you can answer the questions without really understanding the question (for the TingLi). I'm still kicking myself for forgetting to just shade whatever answer for the remaining questions today.

When I get my results, I'll post them so you can get a better idea of how scoring works bec. I don't know either having never taken a real HSK test.