Chinese-Forums

International Schools in Shanghai

中文学生

• New Members

I'm looking for information on international schools in Shanghai (primary and high-school level). There's a lot of sites on the web that speak glowingly of them all, but where would one find more balanced and detailed information?

It's dated now, but Stadler's Education Guide to Shanghai seemed balanced to me when it first came out.

http://www.cityweekend.com.cn/beijing/articles/cw-magazine/reviews/stadler-s-education-guide-to-shanghai/

It's very hard to find balanced and detailed information because schools are secretive and because opinions vary wildly; one set of parents will swear that that XXX school has negligent untrained teachers and the students do drugs and party on weekday nights, and another set of parents will claim that the kids are angels and the education offered there is top-notch.

Best thing to do is call ahead and arrange visits, talk to some students, and ask around (like you're doing now). Do you have any specific schools in mind? Where in Shanghai will you be living/working?

• 3 years later...
  • New Members

I'm crashing an old post.  But it is still very difficult to find unbiased information.  And my wife and I came across this post when we were searching ourselves.

One place we found that was had good unbiased information nowadays was chalksmart.

We visited 5 schools and loved 4 of them.  It was very easy to set up the tours, although it did take a little bit of time.  We eventually enrolled our kids in SCIS-Pudong.