Chinese-Forums

Chinese Sweet Iced Tea?

lilacgreen

Hello

I was just wondering if there is any Chinese Iced Tea which is simply just sweetened with sugar, not flavoured such as Jasmin or lemon flavour. Just like the iced tea you get in the US ie sweet iced tea. If so, do you know what it is called ie a certain brand etc?

PLease let me know :)

Thanks

Now is that the same as the sweet tea that I mean, the sweet tea that I mean is brewed very strong with a large amount of sugar added to it while the tea is still hot. There are no flavours added to it. Not mint, not peach not lemon...no flavours just sugar.

• Like 1

i searched the rt mart.and found that 康师傅绿茶(not冰绿茶,sorry),康师傅大麦香茶,康师傅乌龙茗茶。

they are just tea with sugar or honey,but they are not too sweet ,just a little bit sweet.

these are all that i can find.

:P

I was just wondering if there is any Chinese Iced Tea which is simply just sweetened with sugar, not flavoured such as Jasmin or lemon flavour. Just like the iced tea you get in the US ie sweet iced tea.

Wouldn't be difficult to make it yourself. It could be as strong as you want and as sweet as you want.

Ohh sorry if I confused you but the picture was just of the "type" of product I am looking for. I can not get Lipson sweet tea in the UK but I was looking for a Chinese equivilent to Sweet Iced Tea. So which one have you found that is the same as that?

sorry.

what i told you is just lipton.different products of lipton.just the same brand you showed to us.

and you told me that what you want to find is not a product but a brand.so i showed you this.

so,what i found is just lipton.

and i hope the lipton in china is as same as yours.

:):P

hope you can understand me .

Sorry we have misunderstood eachother again. I am not looking for a particular brand. I am looking for ANY chinese iced tea which is the same or similar to the Lipton Sweet Iced tea. I am looking for ANY brand of Chinese iced tea that has been made with only sugar, no other flavours.

ABC, interesting, what is the lesson to be learned?

I didn't want to sound patronizing, but what I had in mind was more along the lines of "When in Rome, do as the Romans do."

In other words, it may not be a fruitful pursuit to try and just duplicate the things you most liked at home and it might be wiser to expand your base of experience by enjoying the food and drink of this new place where you are living for a time.

• 2 weeks later...

Following abcdefg's suggestion of 入鄉隨俗, I recommend looking for un-sweetened un-flavored oolong iced tea. A lot of the oolong tea used for iced tea is naturally slightly sweet, and will be closer to sweetened black tea.

I'm not sure how common it is in China. It is everywhere in Japan, and I have seen it in China as well, but I don't know good places to look.

There are a number of different brands, with different flavors. My personal favorite is made by Suntory. They have a normal one and a "black" oolong iced tea, which I can never get enough of.

post-15729-047127800 1296489462_thumb.jpg