Chinese-Forums

Would you like to Join an HSK study group

simonlaing

Hey Folks,

It has been a while since I posted online. I have new cool job that sent me back to Nanjing and is keeping me very busy. I would like to prepare and take the HSK espicially as there are rumors it might involve speaking and typing an essay instead of writing it out by hand.

I think finding people online to study together could be a good way to keep up motivation to study for the exam and make time to study for it.

It helped when I studied chinese before. Who's up for it?

Have fun,

Simon :)

As you are hoping to use a computer to write your answers in pinyin, I presume you are planning to study for the internet based version of the new HSK test that has been tested but is not yet publicly available. At which of the 6 levels to you plan to take the new HSK test Simon?

I think study group is a great idea! I am preparing for the old HSK, because they don't have the new one here in Guangzhou University. Last November I got the level 4 and am now aiming for level 5.

What is your goal and how you're going to reach it?

The last time I took the old HSK was about 4 years, I got a 5 with almost a 6 . I think after working in a translation company for a year my level went up but since then it probably plateaued or regressed some. I was thinking taking it at the 6 or 7 ish level.

In my job there is always something more to be done, so if I have a study group I need to make time for it would help me a lot to keep on task of studying, which I do enjoy even with the frustation of realized how much more Chinese language there is to learn.

I would be planning on taking the online one. If it don't come out, I can do the paper one as Nanda has probably more than 800 students take each year. (A good place for Koreans to come take it and party afterwards.)

I have access to scanners or we can exchange word lists on line with Anki or Quizlet.com

What do you think?

Simon:)

I think it could be a good idea to share here what we have done and what we are planning to do. It makes it easier for us, at least for me, to keep our promises. I'm studying vocabulary with Skritter and gave up using Anki because it was so boring.

I'm on a holiday now and will take it easy first. Reading Graded Chinese Reader, studying characters and words with Skritter and watching Chinese movies and TV shows. When my classes begin at March I'll buy some new HSK material and start doing HSK mock tests. My weak point is reading and I need to learn a lot more characters until April.

I'm not sure what would be the best way to make this study group work. Anyone else than me and Simon interested?