Chinese-Forums

BLCU 2011

jpl_89

I have been accepted to BLCU and Tsinghua University, and while I am pretty sure I am going to Tsinghua, there is a chance I may be at BLCU. I live in Boise, Idaho and majoring in History and English with a minor in Asian Studies. Hope to see you around.

Hi again all,

I think I've been accepted to BCLU. I've had an e-mail to tell me that admissions papers and visa application forms will be sent to me in 5 weeks.

So think I'll definitely go ahead and study at BLCU, especially as I'm at total beginner level. From what I've read BLCU is best to start from total scratch.

Cat

• Like 1

• New Members

Hi there,

I'm planning to go to BLCU for a year for their long term Chinese language course. Does anyone know whether this course is a regular 20hrs/week or intensive 30hours/week?

Sorry if I'm asking too much but I've gotten quite used to working in a relaxed environment and I'm not sure if I can handle a 30hrs/week class.

Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone, I'm Rasmus, born and raised in Sweden. I'm currently in the process of applying, and as long as I manage that I will be studying at BLCU for a full year at the non-degree program. I'm a complete beginner, and I'm going by myself so it would be great to get to know some people in advance so I'm not completely lost and alone when I arrive ;) I also plan on living off-campus so I'll be looking for a roommate(I'll most likely stay in a hotel for a week or so when I arrive and then find a place) :)

• Like 1

Hi!

I'm from Sweden and have studied Chinese for almost a year now at University of Gothenburg. I'm going to Beijing in the beginning of August and will study at BLCU from September to Januari in the 20-hours course. I'm really looking forward going to Beijing and it would be really nice to make some new friends before going there.

Regards

Karin

• New Members

Hey guys,

I am planning to go to BLCU from July 14 - Aug 26 (6-week course over the summer).

Now I am in the hunt for housing and my budget is around 15-20 USD per night. I am looking for a double room (boyfriend coming over).

I've been looking at the accomodation at BLCU and they look run down, or small. Are there good options outside the school?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Rasmus - we might be in the same class as I'm an absolute beginner too! I'm also doing a full year of study.

I'll be living off campus somewhere with my boyfriend who will be studying the MBA at Tsinghua.

Looking forward to it now! Cat

• 2 weeks later...
  • New Members

Hello Everybody!

I'm Hamed, 31 and from Tehran/Iran. I will be there for a semester this coming September. I'm absolute beginner in Chinese, too. :rolleyes:

I want to rent a room. If anybody wants to share a house please let me know via my email.

Looking forward to see you and making new friends.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Everybody

Same for me! i will be attending the 20hrs/week, as a totally beginner in mandarin. Really really excited to be there! Feel free to add me on facebook too as it will be easir to get connected :)