Chinese-Forums

BLCU 2011

jpl_89

• New Members

Hi all!

Im hoping to start at BCLU as a complete beginner in september and looking for a room mate to move in with when I arrive in early september. Im from the UK and just graduated from university so can't wait to get back into meeting new people! Feel free to facebook me or message me on here about housing etc or just for a chat!

Leah Pickering

Hi everyone! I'm from the UK and I'll be starting at BLCU as a complete beginner in September on the 20h/wk course. Im hoping to live in dorms for the first month or so then find people to move in with close to the University! Feel free to contact me if you fancy a chat before you go to Beijing!!

Leah :P

Hi, everybody, I'm from Israel, specializing in mid-imperial Chinese history.

Looking forward to see you all in BLCU in September, find new friends and study a lot!! Will live in dorms as well, most probably in a shared room as most of us.

祝大家新学年很快乐:)

It says that you need a health certificate to register, and that you need to apply for it in China. I was thinking, if they require you to retake a medical in china to get the certificate, how long will that take? I'm trying to decide when I should leave for Beijing.

Hi everyone!

I'm from the Philippines. I'll be attending one-year Chinese language training at BLCU under the CSC scholarship. However, I will be arriving in China around sept9, almost a week late for the Aug31-Sept4 registration. Do you think i can still get a dorm when I arrive on Sept9? How does the process of dorm reservation goes for CSC scholars? I tried asking the CSC/Chinese embassy representatives here in the Philippines, but they do not know how it goes. Do they have online reservation? Aside from the dorm issue, have anybody experienced late registration? I emailed BLCU and told them that I am got CSC scholarship but I'll be arriving Sept9. Ask for their permission for late registration and they simply replied "no problem, you can be late for the registration." through email. I am worried because that I might lose the CSC scholarship because of late registration. Sorry for loads of questions. thanks! :)

They have to find you a room. Don't worry. The only problem might be the quality of the room. I've read here that scholarship students are placed in rooms that don't have private toilets and that I can pay the difference if I want to stay in a room with a private toilet. I want to do that. If you arrive later, you might not have that option. How about placement tests? When are they organized?

• New Members

i have a question. now i'm studying at BLCU for 6 weeks. i bought 120 hours of internet for a month. i have less than 40 hours left and get to use until August 13th. but my chinese is quite a beginner, so i dont really understand. the staff said something like i have to use all the 120 hours before buying more hours. however, i wanna know if i used all the 120 hours today. can i buy 120 hours more before 13th? or i have to wait after 13th then i can use???

thanks

I was in the dorms at BLCU almost two years ago, so from what I recall you can use up all the hours before the expiration date and simply buy more. Getting an increased hour plan simply gives you a better deal if you use more.

For example you could stay connected 120 hours straight over 5 days. You can then buy another 120 hours at the same cost.

Another question for all those who are in charge )). I've got the CSC scholarship and arrived to Beijing pretty early - in order to get all the stuff done and travel a bit before the studies. As it seems now I'll have to stay in Beijing a bit longer than it was planned to prepare my residence permit in time and to do all my medical exams, etc. before the 30 days after my entering the country expire. Anyway - I talked about some other issues with the guys in BLCU and they proposed me to enter the dorms now already, not waiting the end of the August. Is it worth to do NOW? I mean, is there any difference in the quality of the dorms entered in different periods of summer or I'm just inventing non-existing problems :))?

tnx ahead

Hi, I'm from the Philippines on a one year program at BLCU. I haven't got my student visa yet and I'm hoping to arrive on the 25th-27th to settle in. Does anyone know where I can stay/reserve rooms if the dorms are not yet open?

@aizjev I see you're from the Philippines too. Why are you going to be late for registration? Who did you contact? I'd like to ask them a few questions too.