Chinese-Forums

Anywhere to find grammar exercises online?

Ness

I've been studying Chinese for about four months and my biggest obstacle thus far I think is the grammar. The characters I feel comfortable with learning and at least memorizing the strokes because it's simple to execute and there are a lot of resources to memorize. The tones I have to keep training my ears. But the grammar is just really difficult for me. My class has started to get into ab verbal phrases, etc. I know the basic word order of a basic Chinese sentence, but I keep getting confused as our grammar learning continues onward. Is there any place where I can practice Chinese grammar exercises online? I think this might be a good route to go and practice. Thanks.

This link might not be suitable for intermediate or advanced learners but if you've been studying for 4 months, it should be perfect. http://socialmandarin.com/Grammar

Also, if you have an iPhone/iTouch, you can download the Popup Chinese sponsored HSK practice test app. It will not give grammar explanations but the multiple choice answers will give you an idea on which part of the sentence to pay attention to.

There is another app sponsored by Chineseclass101.com called Chinese Grammar. It will give you some basic grammar examples and explanations.