Chinese-Forums

Luoping 罗平

abcdefg

Luoping 罗平 is about 3.5 hours east of Kunming by bus. At this time of year the yellow 油菜花 are in full bloom. That makes for spectacular scenery. The area is mainly karst landscape, not unlike Shilin 石林 and Jiuxiang 九乡。 It also has a tranquil river 多依河 and some booming waterfalls 九龙瀑布. It's an easy weekend getaway that is not yet on the international tourist trail. post-20301-097454000 1298893025_thumb.jpg

I think the name of the river should be 多依河, though.

Ah, yes. Right you are;I will change it above. 多依河 it is. The minority peoples who live in the area are the 布依族。

Are those waterfalls really 'booming' at this time of year (1st March). I didn't visit this time last year as I understood they would be trickling rather than booming.

They had more rain this year than last, so the falls had plenty of water. I couldn't get a good picutre because it was into the sun during late afternoon, but here were some smaller falls encountered before reaching the major ones.

post-20301-087565000 1299022067_thumb.jpg