Chinese-Forums

Are there shorterm furnished leases?

Quakebum

They are available. For $500 USD a month you will be able to live very very comfortable in QD. Unfortunately, securing such a place may be difficult if you are not yet in town. My advice is arrive, stay at a hotel for a few days while you visit local real estate offices. Here are two businesses in QD that specialize in expat housing:

Maggie Expat Real Estate

Building 1, Silver Garden, 1 Zhanghua Lu

135-8352-0736

Wendy Real Estate Consultant

Building 1, Ai Qin Hai Plaza, 231 Xianggang Dong Lu

135-8327-6766

As to the serviced apartments Roddy referred to at http://www.qingdao52.com/services.htm -- I stayed there for a little less than a week last summer. Comfortable and spacious but expensive at about 300 RMB per day. Could see the water from my window. post-20301-079287900 1300285104_thumb.jpgpost-20301-086550100 1300285122_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Geez, 9000rmb/month is way out of my price range.

Thanks for the expat info Gibbs, will expat real estate agents be more expensive to use? I can probably get my uncle or one of my cousins to help me if a non-expat agent is cheaper.

Do sites like 58.com and ganji.com have short term leases?

• New Members

My company has foreign interns every now and then and many of them find a furnished apartment. There are not many on the market and landlords will want a higher price than normal. As mentioned earlier, go to a hotel first and then check out what is available in an area that you like. If you can speak Chinese then places like Century 21 can also help you.

My interns found something in Hong Kong Garden area for around 4000 RMB per month (they stayed for 2 months and it was big enough for 3).

Good luck with your search!

Talked it over with my dad, I'm going to stay at my grandfather's place when I get there then I'll find an agent to find me a place. *Hopefully* I'll be able to find a flat in my price range in Shinan.

Thanks for all the help, maybe I'll buy you guys a round of drinks when I get there.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been looking for places the last couple weeks that are in walking distance from:

Minjiang Road

Yunxiao Road

I've found a couple, but most of them were a little bit out of my budget.

Does anyone know if it's possible to negotiate prices at hotels for month long stays? How much of discount do you think I could get?

Does anyone know if it's possible to negotiate prices at hotels for month long stays? How much of discount do you think I could get?

I once stayed in a small hotel for about a month. They reduced the room rate by about one third. (From 148 RMB/night to 98 RMB/night.)

Maybe your uncle or one of your cousins can help you negotiate it. A local has a definite advange in things like this.

• 1 month later...
  • New Members

I guess the best way to stay in Qingdao, if you dont have enough cash is to stay in apartments where people live by sharing. There are quite a few foreigners in Qingdao who share their apartments with others just for a good company. It doesnot matter if you gonna stay their for a couple of months, but atleast you will get a good place to stay and in affordable price.

Cheers ;)