Chinese-Forums

Basic q's about tourist visa form

dreamon

I am looking at the "Visa Application Form of the People’s Republic of China" (Form V.2011A), and it raises a few basic questions. Probably they were answered before, please feel free to point me there:

1. What do Americans typically write in Field 1.11 "Local ID card number"? Can the tourist visa applicant leave it blank and still get the visa?

2. What should one write in Table 2.5 "Residence(s) and phone number(s) during your stay in China" if one wants to apply for the tourist visa before deciding on where to stay?

3. What should one write in Field 2.8 "Name, address and phone number of your inviter or contact unit in China" and Field 2.9 "Name, address, phone number of your relative, friend or contact person in China", assuming that one invites himself and has no sufficiently close friends or relatives there?

4. My understanding is that no invitation letter is needed for a tourist visa, is this correct?

5. There is a form called "Physical Examination Record for Foreigner", is it needed for tourists? Who has to provide this form?

Thank you.

Your local id number should be your passport-number, but maybe an american can clarify that.

For the rest of the questions for the tourist visa I once made I left them blank as you don't have someone inviting you and for tourist visas you don't need an invitation letter, you don't have definate place to stay and so on.

The "Physical Examination Record for Foreigner" is only for people that apply for a visa that runs longer than 6 months.

1. What do Americans typically write in Field 1.11 "Local ID card number"? -- Passport number

2 and 3 -- Leave blank or write N/A (not applicable.)

4. That's correct, no invitation letter needed.

5. No medical exam needed for tourist visa.