Chinese-Forums

lots of chinese magazines on ipad! 数字中文网

singlung

i don't know if i am too stupid to use the search or if i get excited too easily - but i found this awesome app one the appstore and nobody seems to have posted about this yet.

i think it is very, very cool!

http://itunes.apple.com/my/app/id415235539?mt=8

it is called 中文杂志 and is a kind of catalog of various chinese magazines. some of them come for free but you can buy a subscription to get them all. i paid 10 bucks for an annual subscription and can download and read a lot of magazines i am fairly interested in! according to http://www.epubchina.com/ (the website behind the app) the 10 dollar annual subscription is a special offer.

the app comes for iphone, ipad, pc, android and pretty much every magazine of this catalog seems to have its own app in the app-store.

has anybody some more information about the website/company? all i know is that i love the app ;)

the books in that app are presented like pictures - just reading, no highlighting.

but you could take a snapshot of a displayed page, then use the pleco ocr to convert it to text and after that you are pretty much free to do anything you want with that text.

an ipad for learning really is a lot of fun. i liked pleco on the iphone, but on the ipad it's a whole different story! goodreader is great, too. got lots of chinese books as pdfs in there, can highlight, annotate, do whatever with those.

i can really recommend the ipad! i stood in line for a few hours to get one and i didn't regret it for a second ;)

• 6 months later...