Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Scholarship 2011

turkeylegs

hi turkeylegs, sorry to hear about your mafan with the kongyuan. actually I was initally told on 31.5 that I was too late and it wasnt enough time to get my hardcopy paperwork from the kongyuan to BJ!! I had given up hope and then a week later they called me and said I got it! I am not confident that they arent making it up as they go along!! best of luck with it!

Hi Guys,

I recently found out about this forum and I'm really glad I did!

I am Bulgarian but I've been living in Greece for the past seven years. This April I took the New HSK 4 at the Greece-China Association in Athens, Greece. I got a total of 246/300.

Last week I got a call from the Greece-China Association and they told me they were giving five HSK scholarship for four-weeks to study Chinese in China. They told me that if I were interested I should fill in the application form they sent me and return it by e-mail, which is what I did.

They are supposed to let us know who is going to get the scholarship by the end of the week.

But I found an earlier post in this forum (from 2004 I think) saying that you are only allowed to apply for an HSK scholarship from your native country.

Dou you have any idea if this is true? I did not find it in the official requirements, and the guys at the Greece-China Association didn't say anything...

Thanx!!

@Rewsay

well then i'll be waiting for the 20th June then =)

Thx you for your explanation

@SLA

dont really know about greece. But may I assume that you already change your nationality? or get Greece nationality?

Because I think the regulation for your native country apply only for imigrants

CMIIW

Hi SLA,

I wouldnt worry about, I got my scholarship in Germany and Im not German. But from experience the kongyuan can kind of make rules as it goes along so just keep your fingers crossed. and congrats on such a great exam score, I hope to do HSK4 after the summer!

cheers

hongputaojiu

@bloondee

Thanx for your reply :) I haven't changed my nationality, I was getting students' resident permit each year while I was studying and then Bulgaria got into the EU so things got much easier for us. I am now allowed to live and work in Greece without the need of a Visa or any special permits, plus I don't need to change my nationality. That's why I hope it won't be an obstacle to getting the scholarship...

@hongputaojiu

Thanx for your reply :) It's really relieving knowing that someone got the scholarship outside his/her home country. I do hope this will be the case for me too ;) Good luck with HSK 4!!!

Hey!

I have applied for Sichuan Universitie's one year language course, and my status is still the same: 审批中

But I checked one of my classmates status who applied for BLCU and his says: 录取通过.

I suppose that I didn't get the scholarship, but my classmate got it;)

hay marietta,

I suppose so.

I think the student that get the scholarship, will be notified by mail today. Did you ask your friend whether he/she get any mail from hanban?

Since I'm also curious about other people progress in this forum.

hey!

my status also says 审批中 ... but i've asked the person responsible for the scholarship at the confucius institute (where i submitted my application form) and she said she hadn't been informed by hanban about the results either and we should wait for some more time ... i'm already tired of waiting though.

it seems that the people from hanban don't take the deadline that seriously. i think we still have a chance to get the scholarship :)

good luck!

hey guys, i applied to the CIS this year as well and checked the link onlin earlier.

It has '浙江大学 录取通过' written beside my name and course type so I'm hoping that's good news.

Best of luck to everybody else!