Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Scholarship 2011

turkeylegs

That one is about people who've signed up for Masters in Teaching Chinese and the (changing) conditions attached to that, whereas you are, I think, signing up for the standard language classes. You should probably have a read of it as it's pretty worrying for anyone who has any plans for long-term study on a Confucius Institute Scholarship, but your insurance question isn't relevant, and has already been asked here anyway.

Hi everyone!

I'm a bit concern that PKU hasn't directly contacted me about the one year scholarship. I think I've got it, as my name is in this list (http://www.oir.pku.edu.cn/Item/4086.aspx) but I haven't receive any email or letter from them.

I was already studying in PKU last semester, so I think maybe I don't need the JW form or an admission letter, and I already have sorted my visa until September.

Has everybody heard from their universities? What about the people that received the scholarship in PKU too?

thanks

I also haven't received any information from NJU yet. The only thing I saw is my status on the Hanban- web site. There isn't any list on the web site of NJU and I don't know if I'm accepted by this university or if I'm accepted for studying in China at all :) :)

• New Members

Hello,

my girlfriend has still not heard from your university.

According to the Hanban side and the state she was taken at Sichuan University.

Has anyone adopted from Sichuan and if so did you already get mail.

Thank you

@ groedi

According to that site I was also accepted to Sichuan University and I also havent got further information only this.

I have written to them some weeks ago, they answered that "please wait for the final results", and they will send (now they already sent) the addmission letters the week of July 11-15.

So I think I will get it next week - if I was really accepted.

Hi,

My husband got a one year scholarship for Henan University (in Kaifeng), the language course. Their registration date is 14-15 september - so a teacher there told him by e-mail.

Does anyone know, if he wants to apply again next year for another CIS scholarship - for Master of Teaching Chinese - does he have to prove he is a student at a University in his own country?

He's a graduate for now. And he could apply for a Masters degree in our country before leaving to China. But is this necessary if he wants to apply next year for a Masters degree in China?

Thank you,

Andrea

Ok, correction :rolleyes: (after reading the thread for MTC):

Maybe he won't apply next year to Master of Teaching Chinese, but to another type of Masters degree. The point is, to get another scholarship after the first CIS, do you have to be admissed at a University in your country?

Andrea

Hello everyone~

I applied to Nanjing University for the one year scholarship, received it etc. But I haven't gotten much communication from the university itself. What I did do, however (while I was in China), go to NJU and ask them. They showed me a sheet of paper with a whole lot of names on them and basically said 'just rock up before September 1 and we'll take care of everything'. So it's all pretty vague right now, does anyone know any different?