Chinese-Forums

What Confucius reads

confucius

Chinese National Geography is a monthly magazine that looks like a red copy of National Geographic. I get many ideas for my travels from this publication and once in a while they include spectacular maps. Last year's highlights included full issues dedicated to Xinjiang (January) Shanxi (June) and Yunnan (October) ; all with maps! :o

When the UFO landing site controversy started in Qinghai last summer CNG sent a team of experts there right away and were on top of the story with a scientific explanation soon published afterwards.

You can get it for 16 yuan at most subway station kiosks and other newsstands around Beijing.

Confucius, being something of a geography buff I took your advice and laid down my 16 kuai at a local magazine vendor. I got the June 2003 edition which has a special feature on the Three Gorges Dam and Yangtze River. I can't read Chinese very well, but the pictures are awesome. There are a number of beautiful fold-outs. There is also a huge fold-out map of the Yangtze with a topographic map on one side and a stylish illustrated map on the other side. As you can tell I am quite impressed.

The Chinese name of the magazine is Zhongguo Guojia Dili or 中国国家地理