Chinese-Forums

Peking University / Beida 2011

yialanliu

• 2 weeks later...

Ana,

We'll be bringing 2 gals, but nto until September unfortunately.

Kayro, PM received and replied :) Good to see people responding, was gettign worried but then again Wudaokou has enough westerners that I will probably be fine haha.

~yialanliu

• 2 weeks later...
  • New Members

I might actually be seeing you! After this course http://www.chinesecultureinstitute.com/chinese-programs/beijing-university-summer-course/ I will be taking my HSK 1 test. I think it´s September 3rd. I will be probably be there for a week or so after. Maybe we can go out for noodles and practice our Chinese. LOL.

Ana

That's great to hear. I am most likely going to try to take the level 5 HSK in September although more likely October only because I want to settle in first. Hopefully we can meet or something. Are you going to stay in China for a semester or something in the fall Ana?

• 3 weeks later...

hey margarita,

can you tell me a little bit more about your exdperience at beida? Im going to study there in september. Was wondering how the classes are and how much the workload is. Also iw ould like to know if you live in a dorm or have your own apartement? Im thinking to rent a apartement but im afraid that it would be very difficult to find one in that short amount of time

@Fong im also Dutch :) what is GSM? your not taking the language program?

@yialanliu

Do you have an apartement yet? i also have the problem finding a good place to live in.... i properbly will end up going there 10 days before the start and try to get myself a apartement >.<

• New Members

I live in the dorm called zhong guan xin yuan. It's outside beida. There is also a dorm called shao yuan (inside beida). If you like to live in an apartment, try to look in wudaokou. The cost is around 3000rmb/month. If you need more help, you can find me here in beijing.

I took the intensive program last semester and am taking the regular program this fall, so i don't know how much the workload. But i know that it's gonna be 20 hour/ week of study.

Have you checked both Furin Jiayuan and Hanting Jiayuan (left at the Golden Towers crossroads and then right before the petrol station)? The latter was finished at the end of last year and is a great complex to check out. Everything is new. I lived there for 6 months and can recommend it. There's also an even bigger apartment complex north of Hanting and on the same road that you could definitely check out, though I can't remember the name right now. But yeah, be sure to ask estate agencies about the ones I've mentioned. Also a great Muslim restaurant right nearby this last complex I've mentioned that rivals the one on campus! Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...