Chinese-Forums

Peking University / Beida 2011

yialanliu

@margaritaville

I have just found out today that I have been accepted for a scholarship to study at Beida from this September 2011. The Handbook states that I'll be provided a shared room in Zhongguanyuan global village building no.5. I'd really appreciate it if you could let me know what is it like living at Zhongguanyuan? What type of room do you have and have you experienced/seen the shared rooms? How are they? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Nick

@Felix101

Sorry for the late reply; I'm heading to Guanghua. Decided I wanted to go back to school in China, did my research, visited a couple schools, talked to a lot of people, and arrived in Beijing 4 months ago. If you've got specific questions, feel free to send me a PM and I can go into more detail.

Hey guys,

I'm a 20 year old female from the UK, starting at PKU this fall for an exchange year.

I've been reading around at potential accommodation options and keep falling back to this one; Zhongguanyuan Global Village.

I was just wondering if anyone has stayed there or has any opinions/reviews of it. Also, how did you go about securing a place there?

Your comments would be greatly appreciated.

Hey guys,

I'm a 20 year old female from the UK, going to be on exchange at PKU come this fall. Admittedly nervous but excited at the same time! Will be mainly with GSM but also need to take some language courses.

Am also curious as to what Zhongguanyuan Global Village is like if anyone knows?

@jjms

Yes, Zhongguanyuan Global Village is for PKU granduate students. The university also offered my wife and I that option. We decided to look for our own accomodations. It seems like the two areas you will likely want to live is in Zhongguanyuan or Wudaukou. Both are close to the university. My wife and I arrive in Beijing on Aug 7 and we have been told to drop by the local real estate agencies in the areas we are looking for accomodaitons. We will report back that week.