Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2011

Brian US

@Ju Leeyet..

Thanks for asking...Still now No result is announced..China embassy in pakistan has received final results 3 weeks before but i dont know why they are not announcing it..now a days i am calling culture center everyday but they are saying Embassy donot give us results yet..

So Still waiting..Lets hope this waiting leads to Happy ends..

• Like 2

Also, I applied to study one year as a Chinese Language Student and when I received the documents, it was written that I've been accepted as a General Scholar.

Same here: 'a general scholar student', whatever that means, given i'm doing a year in chinese language as a beginner.

Happy endings....and so I receive a call from a strange number and this guy says I am to go to my local DHL office with my identification...and there I was, I have got the scholarship package! good luck to all of you who are still waiting. Hope to meet you in eastern China.

@majid @Touqir @Agrarian

i am calling culture center islamabad from 2 weeks and approx everyday,on last friday the culture center rep told me that chines donot release the results yet..Today i called and the person said most probably tomorrow embassy will give them the list then they will inform..

Bad news here. I called Liu Xiao in Washington DC this morning. She said the results have been emailed to everyone that got the scholarship, and that if you haven't received an email, you didn't get the scholarship. :cry:

@ Dr. Haseeb, today my friend received call from china cultural centre to pick up his admission package. He told me that there were also 10 more people who came there on call of centre. It means embassy has handed over result to culture centre and they are calling now successful candidates.

• Like 1

According to person in culture center they have 120 candidate list..and he told me that they will inform everyone today..But i don't received any call yet...

@ Tauqir according to your friend info it seems that culture center is calling 10 person per day..can you confirm it.

thanks.

• New Members

dr. shb

could you please inform me how many scholarships have been awarded under CGSP 2011-12. i mean all recommended by HEC or or some?

i want to ask that i also applied for scholarship, i m from Karachi. could you please inform me distribution of letters are on the basis of province or Just Islamabad base

@Khan

According to News this year China will provide 500 scholarship to HEC..

But in reality HEC sent about 522 candidate list to china embassy for schoalrship and Now the culture center Told me that They have only 120 scholarship list...

and there were no Quota i think so..HEC selection was based on merit and Nomination was sent by HEC islamabad.

• New Members

1) What is your native country? Mexico

2) Where did you apply? The Chinese Embassy in Mexico City, through the Mexican Ministry of Foreign Affairs

3) When did you apply? March 4 2011

4) When was the deadline? March 11 2011

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No

6) What program did you apply for? Two year language program followed by a three year master in Political Economy

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Beijing University 2. Renmin University 3. Nankai University

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No

9) What agency number did you use? I didn't do any online registration

10) Where did you get your physical done? At a private doctor office

11) How did you get your documents notarized? public notary

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? idk

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? I was accepted for the scholarship starting September 2011.

14) How were you notified? By e-mail

15) When were you accepted/rejected? July 19

16) What school and program were you accepted to? Shandong University in Jinan city for two year master's program in economics, taught in english, so they will not give me any language classes :(

Money Questions:

So, anybody knows how the CSC will give us the money from the scholarship?. Maybe they will open us a bank account, or we will have to go every month to an office in the university to get it?.

Also, how much money will you take with you? or you are going to use a credit/debit card from your country?

If anyone is going to Jinan or near Shandong province I would like to know, maybe we can see each others in the future.

Thanks and good luck in China