Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2011

Brian US

@Agrarian

My application package was also sent by the university, but still i dont receive any call from cultural office. Yesterday i called cultural center the person note my name and my mobile No. He told me that I will be informed. But still no call.

• New Members
Well, aside from him telling me that he had received 1700 Yuan every month during his one year stay, I suppose I don't have any proof. But those who receive the CSC Scholarship will find out when they arrive in China. :P

EDIT: Try Here...

http://en.csc.edu.cn...3ad4fc7b5.shtml

3) Monthly allowance is granted to the students through the host institution at the following rates (CNY Yuan per month):

- Undergraduates & Chinese language students: CNY 1,400 Yuan

- Master’s degree students & general scholars: CNY 1,700 Yuan

- Doctoral degree students & senior scholars: CNY 2,000 Yuan

I think where the 1700 yuan came from was because perhaps he was considered a "General Scholar"?

Now that I am looking at the acceptance letter from BFSU that CSC sent me.. it says that I am a General Scholar as well? I wonder if they are the same thing as "chinese language students"? I am beginning to confuse even myself now...

there has not been any change in the monthly stipend the last time we got a raise was in 2008 I think, for undergrad it was from 800 to 1400, and I don't expect them to raise that again for the next five years at least, since except for those living in Shanghai, that 1400 is enough for a student life.

I called culture office office too, and the officer told me that the concerned officer is busy in calling the selected candidates. So you might just wait till you get a call, this will probably be completed today, but can also take upto 1-2 more days if things don't go the way we want them to. He further told me, that China had announced 500 scholarships to Pakistan (NOT EACH YEAR BUT FOR FIVE YEARS) so that means they will be dividing the number 500 to 5 and the resultant number will be the number of scholarships offered to Pakistan every year :) .. I say we should just wait a day or two, the results are there and the candidates are being called, it takes time to call every candidate and answer their questions, have patience guys ;) ;)

Edit : 50 students have been notified till now ( Someone in the forums was asking this question ) .. ( Confirmed this from the culture office )

• Like 1

@Awais and others

I am now coming back from china culture center islamabad..what a contradictive statements are given by culture center..

awais They told me that embassy has told them about 500 scholarships but uptill now 120 candidate list has announced,He told me that they are waiting for other lists but when they will announced they cant say about that..

Anyhow My name was not on that list.. :unsure: :o

• Like 1

well, just hope for the best. If the other lists are yet to arrive then we might have a chance to get selected :) .. I called them too and he told me it will take 2 days to notify everyone of their selection. Your name ain't in the list? did he tell you that? you should've asked about my name too :(

If you are going to discuss the CSC and share information, it is better to post in this topic for everyone's benefit and not through private messages. That said, posting "Any new information?" is not very constructive and I would hope that any new information would be posted by the member that receives it.

I was also mistaken on the living stipend. My friends doing their bachelor's are still receiving 1400 a month, where I am getting 1700 as a master's student.

• Like 1

LostOnes@ - I called and spoke to someone at CSC yesterday. The people at CSC are very professional and nice. Unfortunately it was not a lost batch of mail. They explained that there were not enough places at the DC Embassy to honor all the approved scholarships...there were way too many applicants this year for only about 25 spots. Oh well, I am at peace with it now.

Hello everybody,

I have also applied for a CSC scholarship, and on the 29th of July it was finally awarded to me!

1) What is your native country? Netherlands, but I was enrolled at a university in Belgium

2) Where did you apply? I applied for a scholarship of the The Flemish Community, which is linked to the Chinese Embassy in Brussels.

3) When did you apply? December 2010

4) When was the deadline? 15 December 2010

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No

6) What program did you apply for? Chinese language course

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Beida 2. Tsinghua 3. BFSU

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No

9) What agency number did you use? 0561

10) Where did you get your physical done? At a GP's

11) How did you get your documents notarized? Did not actually go to a notary, documents were stamped by my GP and university

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? The what?

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? I was accepted for the scholarship starting September 2011.

14) How were you notified? By e-mail

15) When were you accepted/rejected? July 29

16) What school and program were you accepted to? BFSU, Chinese language training

Good luck to those folks who are still waiting for the confirmation!

@HappyCSCscholar:

Does that mean if we applied to, let's say the LA or SF consulate, our chances may have been better? I highly doubt that there are only 25 spots for Americans in general, which means they must distribute them to the other regions. So, they don't look at America as a whole regarding CSC apps, but rather by consulate/embassy regions? :o

This maybe out of topic but does anyone have an idea if CSC scholars can upgrade their accommodation? I was granted a scholarship to BLCU and I have read that the dorm for government scholars have shared bathroom with squatting type of toilet. I'm planning to upgrade or to rent an apartment maybe. What are the rules on the accommodation for the scholars? thanks! :)

@aizjev:

You must live on campus, and you pay the difference. By default, you will live in Dormitory Building One, which is free, but you can choose to live in another building on campus that is nicer provided you pay the difference in rent.