Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2011

Brian US

I'm planning to upgrade or to rent an apartment maybe.

Keep in mind that if you live off campus then you will not receive any allowance for rent. This typically runs from 25-35RMB a day.

Helios@ - correct, 25 spaces for DC Embassy only. Unfortunately, I followed directions from my University in the US to send to the DC Embassy. Chances are much higher if you apply through your local embassy/consulate. Wish I had known that! B)

Yes that is true. It is better if you apply to your local embassy or consulate . To determine this use the China USA embassy website on the districts.

I got my scholarship through the Houston Consulate, in which about 25 students got some type of scholarship. Also please be known that sometimes consulates and certain Universities have unofficial agreements on a set number of scholarships that are to be given to that university. I do not know how these are established but I personally know of one university who receives 2 scholarships every year as long as there is students that apply for the scholarship.

1) What is your native country? Israel

2) Where did you apply? The Chinese Embassy in Tel Aviv, through my local university.

3) When did you apply? April 2011.

4) When was the deadline? April 15th.

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No, this was my first time.

6) What program did you apply for? One year language program.

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Sichuan University 2. Nanjing University 3. Zhejiang University

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No

9) What agency number did you use? Embassy P.R China in Israel.

10) Where did you get your physical done? At my local hospital.

11) How did you get your documents notarized? I used my family's lawyer.

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? No idea.

Finally, for those getting results:

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? After a long journey, I finally was accepted for the scholarship, starting September 2011.

14) How were you notified? By e-mail from the embassy, via my local university.

15) When were you accepted/rejected? Accepted 1st of August 2011.

16) What school and program were you accepted to? Sichuan University for one year History and Culture program, which is very weird since I applied for Chinese studies.

I wish all of you going to China next month the very best of luck and congratulations!

• Like 1

• New Members

@ dr.Haseeb, Dear brother you should not lose your hope...better luck next time. I've read your replies and got inspired by your kind attitude.

I'm bit confused about my selection too. I'd applied in Xi'an Jiaotong University for applied chemistry but they are not responding me :conf I've sent so many emails to them but having no reply. I made a call to the university office, they said that I should send email again. I did and find no reply by them. Plz do guide me what should I do? :help. They are not picking my phone now.

Congratulations RoyT!!!

Helios, hope the LA consulate is able to do something for you!

For those who didn't get the scholarship this year...you can apply again next year ;) Embassy told me you can apply again, even if you are already a student in China.

@Asady..Thanks dear.

Dear if they are not picking and replying your email then im very sorry it reflects that you couldnt get scholarship..

The thing which i come to know that this year CSC got funding crisis due to which they re short the final selected students which results many of studnt couldnt get scholarship this year..

I know this is really out of topics.. But I can't get to PM extrapages or Brian US because I'm a new member. > _ <"

I would like to know when will the topics of getting CSC scholarship in 2012 begin?

I'm applying to take master degree in March's batch and I've look through the last 3 years post, but still there's some minor questions that I would like to ask regarding the scholarship.

Sorry for the out of topics post..

1) What is your native country? Philippines

2) Where did you apply? CHED

3) When did you apply? April 2011

4) When was the deadline? April 30th

6) What program did you apply for? One-Year Chinese Language Program

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Peking University 2. Beijing Language and Cultural University 3. University of International Business and Economics

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No

9) What agency number did you use? Philippine Embassy

10) Where did you get your physical done? UP Diliman

11) How did you get your documents notarized? Lawyers

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? Sent thru CHED

Finally, for those getting results:

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? I was accepted for the scholarship starting September 2010.

14) How were you notified? Call from the Chinese Embassy, picked up the acceptance form from there as well

15) When were you accepted/rejected? Accepted late July 2010

16) What school and program were you accepted to? BLCU One-Year Language Program

Wasn't sure if I should start a new topic,so I'll try my luck here...

anyways, i received the CSC scholarship to Renmnin university for the next year.

I applied to Chinese language course, but today i noticed that in my papers it says - "junior visiting scholar" in the school of International Studies. Back at home my major is International relations and thats what i also fill in the application form together with Chinese language student. so maybe it was my mistake.

Question - My chinese is not nearly good enough to enroll in classes that are held in Chinese. Will the univeristy enable me to take the Chinese language courses anyway?

@ Ilanav

Just contact Renmin Uni. and explain them the mistake, there shouldn't be a problem.

The same thing happened to me and the staff at Sichuan Uni. replied it was CSC's mistake and if I want to study Chinese, it is possible.

Good luck!

1) What is your native country? Australia

2) Where did you apply? The Chinese Consulate General in Brisbane

3) When did you apply? March 2011

4) When was the deadline? April 30th

6) What program did you apply for? Bachelor Tourism Management

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1.Dongbei Economics and Finance 2. Liaoning Uni 3.Ocean University

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No but I contacted my first preference and they said they would "ensure the CSC granted me my first preference.

9) What agency number did you use? Australian Embassy Canberra

10) Where did you get your physical done? Used my Chinese physical from enrolling at a language school in Harbin

11) How did you get your documents notarized? I didn't, but I sent an original copy of my high school results

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? I do not know what this question even means.

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? I was accepted for the scholarship starting a "Pre-Degree Program" in Wuhan for one year before beginning the Major in September 2012

14) How were you notified? I just got the pack of documents in the post.

15) When were you accepted/rejected? July 29th 2011

16) What school and program were you accepted to? Huazhong Normal in Wuhan, then Liaoning Uni in Shenyang.

Tip for future applicants:

-Unless you really want to go to that schol, don't choose a non-Project 211 school. You are less likely to get it. I heard a rumour that the CSC wont grant a foreigner a scholarship to a non-project 211 school and then it happened to me, despite having built quit a good relationship with some high level staff at the University and with the Chinese Minister of Education in Australia.