Chinese-Forums

Tsinghua 2011 Chinese language

stephaniepainter3

well, back then i tried securitales.com. but i'm going to look for other proxies or try vpn and something else. do you have any suggestions tho?

and well, facebook is just so that we can see each other and recognize the names from the faces once we get there XD we can all still contact each other thru here and share chinese mobile numbers.

do you have any suggestions tho?

Yes, stop asking questions like that in a topic mostly populated by people who've never been to China. Have a look round the rest of the forum, do some searching, and you'll find a ton of info about proxies, bikes, accommodation and lots more.

• Like 1

GUYS! CHECK YOUR MAIL! :)

in case you didn't get it yet... here is what it contains:

Dear all,

Congratulations! You are accepted by Chinese Language Program, Tsinghua University. We are very delighted to have you as our student. The admission package has been sent out by post mail, collected or will be collected in person by yourself or your designated person. You will find the admission notice, visa application form, registration guide, physical examination form if you apply to study for one academic year, instructions of student dormitory reservation, map of Tsinghua University in the admission package.

In case that you finally can not receive the admission package, here we inform you the key points:

1. About student dormitory reservation:

If you plan to live in the student dormitory, you need to apply online. The application time is (China time): 9:00 August 1st, 2011 ― 17:00 August 5th, 2011. Since we don’t have enough rooms for everyone, please apply as early as possible. The website is: http://www.thutraining.com.'>http://www.thutraining.com. Login in with your student number and birth date. You can find your student number on your admission notice (10 digit number, 201143****). If you finally can not receive the admission package, you can find this number on your on-line application system. Login with your username and passport, click “edit” button, you will see the message we left for you, and you will find your student number in the bottom of the message. If you can not visit the website for dormitory reservation (http://www.thutraining.com) successfully, please ask for help by email to gaopei@mail.tsinghua.edu.cn, and include your student number and birth date in the email. You need to pay deposit for dormitory reservation.

If your room reservation is successful, you need to check in within the required date. Three day late will lead to the cancellation of your room reservation, and the deposit will not be returned to you.

Price:

For single bed room: the favorable price is RMB80/person/day; normal price is RMB170/person/day. For AB room (single bed room, but 2 persons share one bathroom): the favorable price is RMB80/person/day; normal price is RMB160/person/day. For double bed room: the favorable price is RMB40/person/day; normal price is RMB90/person/day. If you check in one week earlier than the registration date, you can not enjoy favorable price. When you check in, you need to pay for the whole semester (to January 31, 2012) plus RMB200 for deposit.

2. Simple schedule for 2011 Fall Semester:

Jul.16th —Aug.14th: Foreign Student Affairs Office’s closure day for Summer Break

Sep. 5th — 7th: Registration Date for New Students

Sep. 8th: Placement Test

Jan. 9th — 11th: Final examination

Jan. 16th — 17th: International Chinese Language & Culture Center issues completion certificate (If you plan to study for one year, you don’t need to wait for the certificate, the completion certificate will be issued in the end of next semester)

Jan. 18th: Winter Break begins

3. Place and time for registration: 8:30am — 12:00pm, 1:00pm — 4:30pm, Sep. 5th — 7th, 1st floor of Zijing Building 22 (close to northeast gate).

4. Place for check in if your student dormitory reservation is successful: Reception desk of Zijing Building 19 (close to northeast gate).

5. Contact information: 86-10-62784621, chinese@tsinghua.edu.cn. We will not be able to answer the phone and check email during the registration date.

6. Since it is easily to be treated as junk mail for an email with attachments, we will send another email with the attachments for detailed information about registration guide, student dormitory reservation and schedule for 2011 fall semester. Please check your trash email box if you can not find it.

• New Members

Hey everyone,

similar to many of you, I also applied for BLCU and Qinghua. A few friends of mine who've had experiences with both programs advised me to choose the latter one. I studied abroad in Beijing a few years back at ACC. I'm planning to join the intermediate class at QH.

Does the link to the dormitory registration website work for you? The link they sent in the acceptance email seems to be broken. I'm not sure about living on- or off-campus yet. It seems like finding a place around the area isn't too difficult and quite affordable.

Looking forward to see everyone soon.

Cheers,

David

• Like 1

1. From what I remember from seeing on the site, paying the fees doesn't guarantee admission.

2. Here's a link for the Fall 2011 academic calendar: My link

Keep in mind dorm sign-up starts Aug. 1. You have to check into the dorms a week before the university registration time on your admission notice to get the cheaper dorm rate, which means even though classes start Sept. 13, you will probably have to get there in early to mid August to secure cheap dorm housing.

Hello all,

I'm Megan. I'm American. I'm going to be pursuing a masters in global business journalism starting in the fall.

In a past forum, a group of people heading to Tsinghua arranged to meet at this popular cafe near campus to meet face to face/make friends with the people they'd met on here. I'd be up for doing the same if anyone would be interested. We could all be strangers in a strange land together. :mrgreen:

Here are links for info about the cafe and google map directions to it from campus:

My link

My link

Hey, thanks LoisLane. That's very kind of you :) That looks really nice :) I hope we can meet up someday there along with you guys! :)

Oh and my friend already got his admission papers. They will send you an email that your admission papers are now available at your post office and that you have to claim it within 30 days or its forfeited :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Happy to find this place.

I will be in Chinese language program this September at Tsinghua as well.

I'm an absolute beginner and this will be my first time in China, so no friends yet :)

Glad to make friends with you guys and meet up there in September. Please pm me your facebook profile or YM, I will add you guys

I'm from Vietnam btw :)

Thx,

So are you all going to be living in the international student dorms at Tsinghua? This is what I am planning to do for the first semester since I haven't had much luck with an apartment...

Hi all,

I will be in International Relations programme (in English) from september 2011 at Tsinghua and would love to meet up with you all.

I am currently checking into apartments/rooms available. I would prefer living in an apartment but if it doesn't work out I will be moving into the dormitory as well.

Greetings from Estonia!

Pille

hi guys!

im also gonna follow the language course at tsinghua this fall :) do any of you have problems with the dorm reservation site? (thutraining.com) i just can't seem to load the website :/ im afraid when the registrations starts on 1 august i won;t be able to book a room :(

I hopefully will join all of you in the international student dorms!

I'm from Miami, FL. I am going to guess I'll be in Beginning 2 or 3 to start. All the characters that I have forgotten are going to put me so behind from my speaking/listening level (which could be intermediate 1 I think). I know I learned at least 600 characters in beginning 1 and 2, and another 800-1000 for Intermediate 1 and 2. and I can still read at least 80% of them.

Hi! I'm Megan, from Mississippi... I'll be entering one of the graduate programs at Tsinghua University this fall as a Chinese Government Scholarship recipient.

Pille, I will also be int the International Relations Program in English (Master's). I'm sure we'll meet at some point! =)

Hi there!

I'm Luis from Spain, and I'll be joining Tsinghua for 2 years study this fall.

I didn't get the scholarship, so I doubt between the dorms and look for an apartment. Anybody in the same situation?

I guess I'll try to book the dorms, and if I am not succesful, look for a room the second half of august. Or if someone wants to join me, we can look for a 2 or 3 bedroom apartment. It shouldn't be very hard to find something below 2200RMB/month. Let me know if you're interested!

Cheers!

hello,

concerning the chinese lnguage programme in fall 2011, sept-jan:

do you guys think, that we can choose between morning and afternoon class or does the university choose?

looking forward to your answers!

best kathi

I also cannot get the Student Dorm application link to work... :unsure:

but perhaps it is like others are saying, and won't be up till Aug. 1st... lets hope

I can't wait to meet all of you!!