Chinese-Forums

Tsinghua 2011 Chinese language

stephaniepainter3

i think this post should be useful for any new comers.

DORM REGISTRATION FOR TSINGHUA. USE:

http://www.thutraining.com/index.asp

It should look like the attached photo if you swallow your excitement and realize you had the option to read it in English. XD

wish i could post more past this point, but no dice for me :(

post-36722-007324600 1312159962_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

"You should pay totally 518.13 RMB including 500 RMB subscription and 18.13RMB handling charge." Is the 500 rmb subscription fee the advance fee or just the handling fee? "There will be extra charge for using the internet port." Are you serious? It seems like they're trying to nickel and dime the crap out of international students. Maybe they can charge for using electrical outlets as well next year. Also, does the room not have wireless? "After the second party and the first party sign the accommodation agreement, the second party needs stay in the apartment for consecutive 60 days at least; The second party has to pay for 60 days even if he stays less than consecutive 60 days." This clause seems a bit restrictive since I'm considering living off-campus depending on the seriousness of the whole mold issue...

Nevertheless, I'm super excited about September, and here's to adventures and good times! ;)

Just reserved my single room! excited now!

What is everyone's level at, just out of interest? I've done one year of beginner's, and then enrolled on evening language classes for one evening a week (sadly, not enough). Although I'm technically level 2 (whatever that means), I'm definitely going to have to brush up before heading out.

Also, does anyone have any recommendations on where to get cheap flights? I didn't want to book until I was sure I definitely have accommodation sorted.

Cheers!

Ken

(oh, feel free to add me on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kenneth.ko1. I'm currently studying for some exams so might not be checking all that often, so apologies in advance!)

500rmb is the subscription with 18.13rmb as handling charge.

the internet is really to be paid for. it's in the site as to which type you want. the unlimited one is around 80 or 90rmb i think per month.

and it's required to pay till jan 31. i'm coming sept 5. from sept 5 to dec 31 is 149 days x 80rmb (single / ab double) = 11,920 rmb + 200 deposit fee = 12,120 RMB total

I thought you had to check in one week before the registration time (Sept. 5-7) in order to receive the favorable room price of 80rmb/day for AB room. Otherwise, according to the admission packet, you have to pay the normal room price, which is 160rmb/day.

No, you read wrong. This is what it said:

"For the new students who check in just one week before the registration time on the admission notice, we charge as the favorable room price. For those who check in before over one week, we charge normal room price for the days ahead of time;"

you pay 160rmb/day if you went to tsinghua like say, August 16. aug 16 to 28 = 160rmb / day while aug 29 till jan 31 = 80 rmb/day

it's not so bad :) at least you get to settle down + you can already get your bank ready and what not. do tell us your experiences! it would be very valuable. thank you so much XD

oh and guys, do plan where you want to go already. there's a long break from oct 1 - 8 :)