Chinese-Forums

Question about BLCU book (汉语教程)

jasoninchina

I am nearing the end of the 汉语教程 hanyu jiaocheng series of books put out by blcu and I wondering what textbook I should use next. I would appreciate any advice from those who are familiar with that series and can give me their opinion on what the next logical step might be.

• Like 1

• New Members

I would recomend the series called 成功之路 by 北京语言大学 starting from the third one from the end (跨越篇). Each book has 2 parts, so you will have another 6 books to go. The first one will seem a little easy for you but it has very good vocabulary. There are also exercises focusing just on enlarging your vocabulary, the texts are up to date and most of them are really interesting. All the books come with the cds and in the 中级 it's used to do the listening premaintext exercise (like fill in the blanks and answer the questions). 高级prereading is focused on fast reading skills, like you have 5 minutes toread couple of pages. My advice would be to follow all the exercises in the book.))

Hope it helps

Those books look interesting, thanks for the suggestion. The first thing I noticed about them is that the new vocabulary is positioned to the right of the text. I'm not sure how I feel about that. The great thing is that I would be able to use the books for quite some time, as they continue into the advanced level.

Well, I would first of all recommend the writing book from the same series, as it is quite good if you do all the exercises and have someone critique it. The problem is these texts are not designed for self-learning, and are intended to be paired with teachers telling you the difference between words.

By the time, if you follow what the above recommender mentioned, you hit the first set of advance 成功之路 books, you could quite easily just start reading short stories and novels.

• New Members

If you finished those 6 books, you can try 桥梁中级汉语, which is the continuation of 汉语教程。The problem is 桥梁中级汉语 is not very up to date as 成功之路。Personally I not very into 成功之路,because of the new word's list just beside.

• 3 weeks later...