Chinese-Forums

IRC

lockdoc

• 3 months later...

I've started an IRC channel if anyone is interested in chatting about or in Chinese. For those who don't know about IRC, it's a classic form of real-time, public Internet chat that used to be all the rage in the '90s.

Details:

Network: SynIRC

Address: irc.synirc.net

Port: 6666

Channel: #Chinese

People who don't already have an IRC client can use this web interface. Simply enter #Chinese in the Channel box and also a nickname for yourself.

I'll be hanging around there in the future, please come join me and we can have fast discussions, shoot questions, get corrections, make admissions. If the forums weren't enough, now you can disturb other people on IRC as well! 欢迎大家都参入讨论!

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I finally found an active Chinese language chat, it's an Ubuntu support channel at freenode (#ubuntu-cn@irc.freenode.net). It seems to have some off-topic chat as well, not just operating system issues.

However, it would good to know more Chinese language chats (regardless of protocol). Any suggestions?

I still use IRC for other things and did join creamyhorror channel but I changed devices and lost the settings. Does anyone know if this is still active?

heqi-liegou have you tried the channel in post #2?

I did once spend some time trawling round irc chat rooms for Chinese chat but I mostly got the wrong sort of chat :(

Maybe now this post has been resurrected we might get some response.

Was there anybody using it?

Sometimes I think they are not used and have been abandoned but as you don't have admin privileges you can't do anything with it apart from join.

I also think sometimes there are people there but they are "hidden" and you need an invite to be able to chat.

I think it might be fun to be able to do some fun stuff with it.

The chat room I go in a lot for example has a trivia bot, weather bot and other interesting things as well as chat.

I will go look at the one you mentioned.

Report back in a bit.

• 3 weeks later...