Chinese-Forums

Fudan University Fall 2011

Tiny

Yes, i know. But in the dormitory had some reports that said that they control what the foreigners do.

About Facebook, Google and Youtube are forbidden in China, but with a PROXY or VPN we can access.

I saw this apartment and its nice.

http://www.smartshanghai.com/housing/apartments-rent/107143

But be careful, some my friends say that some of then are scams or lies.

The area is HONGKOU or Yangpu.

If someone find a good apartment and need a roomie. Call me :)

Hahaha right back at ya ;)

I saw that apartment as well and it's great, but it doesn't have ADSL. Who needs that anyway -_-'.

That was actually the reason why I asked when you would come to Shanghai, since it wouldnt surprise me if the real estate agents,

were a bit creative. It would be nice to check out the apartment before getting too excited ;), but I cant get to Shanghai before August 27th.

Hongkou is just by the school right?

Yes I am, do you have any wishes on how many people you want to live with?

Since I'm quitesure Jzhou probably want to join in as well, but you didn't want to live with boys only right? :)

About the real estate agents, i got family that can talk with then and see. Because my family are chinese, me too but i born in Portugal and i don t speak pin yin. :x

The Fudan University its in the area of Hongkou. And near of the metro, i think its LINE 3, like "Jiangwan Town" or "Wujiaochang".

I also want to be chinese or have family in china (>.<) but that sounds great, it like to live with yur guys, you seem to know what you talking about^^

hm, then we need a girl!:) so i have a female rommate, thats a rule you know.

Its not easy being a girl:P

btw: do you guys know when you are arriving in china?

nator! haha if we can afford it you can have your pool;) btw, what is your guys budget? (how muck cheaper is it to rent)

http://www.smartshanghai.com/housing/shared-apartments/109551 ! a gym:)

haha ! i need a girl!:P or else your both have to dress alternatively^^

do you guys have facebook?

wait!! there is a place with a gym!!! please! i love to work out..tihi^^

I like this one as well as JZhou^^ http://www.smartshanghai.com/housing/apartments-rent/107143 (I sent a message asking if it was still available, hope that was okay..:) said we were three students..

Well if we judge from the prices we see, some of them are somewhat cheaper even compared to Fudan's double room price. (the one that Jzhou linked to).

But we also have to consider extra living costs, transporting (dunno if we can just ride a bike to school), electricity, water.. But for the apartment that JZhou linked to, I wouldn't mind paying a bit extra if it's just like the pictures.

My budget is around 2500yuan each month but I might be a bit large, if someone woke me up every morning with breakfast and juice every morning... *hint* *hint* xD.

Don't worry about the gym thing, there a gyms everywhere.. hopefully :)

I can send a pm with my full name, good luck finding me on Facebook, apparently my name doesn't like to pop up :)

Hi,

I going to China in 9th of August, but i going to stay a little far of Shangai, but i gonna try to go to Shangai in day 16th.

My budge for a room is too around 2500rmb, the gas,water and electricity i think 300rmb for all its enough, each person 100rmb.

The transportation for school, a old bike of students around 50rmb/100rmb, and the food i think its cheap. And i can cook :) LOL

Yeah, i have facebook, send me your links by PM. :)

Pin Yin = Mandarim, and i suck, I talk a dialect of Wenzhou, but i´m not sure.

If we all stay together in apartament, tiny can have the room with bathroom for herself.

LOL

Ah that doesn't sound that bad.

Aawww, I too wanna go to Shanghai earlier! If we get that apartment, first thing I'm going to do is to make a lasagne,

haven't had it for ages since the oven is broken -_-'.

Hopefully the real estate agency will soon answer Tiny's mail :).

that sounds great JZhou! then we can meet up and look for at the apartment or another^^ (if its taken)

here is the apartment you can see the apt here:

pls note that the 3rd bedroom does not have an exterior window, just interior. i figured that amongst 3 students, the master would rent for rmb 3500, guest rmb 2000, and 3rd room rmb 1000.

also, when would you rent from and to when?

i have a korean student interested in the apt so would need to make a decision soon -- i only care about the quality of the tenant, so pls let me know a bit about yourselves (e.g. non-smoker etc).

My budget is the same as you guys 3500 rmb is too expensive:( ! but i like everything else.

what class are you going?

I cant either.. cant even logg into Unified Identity Service (UIS) Ive contacted Fudan at urp@fudan.edu.cn, so i can fix this problem. I advise you to do the same..

Hello

I've managed to log in but everytime I type in the card data, it says the card information is wrong. I think I've figured out the problem, but I'll have to try it out before I know :).

In my situation I think the problem is that, I have a danish Credit Card/Visa isn't usable in China. I need to have a 'Visa only' card. So when I get a new card I'll try paying again and if that doesn't work I will call UIS.

If you call them, please tell us what the problem was :)

In the handbook it says that the period to pay for the tuiton is from august 1st to 25th and this payment can be done in the site iso.fudan.edu.cn.

In the link http://www.fso.fudan.edu.cn/en/index.htm there is a notice session and it has a guide explainning how to pay for tuiton for postgraduate and undergraduate students, while there is nothing refering to tuiton payment for non-degree language program students, which i've applied.

So I think that its not supposed to be paid by UIS, or at least not yet, because the page doesnt even open here...while it did when i had to pay for the registration fee. My guess is that we are supposed to wait in the notices a guide refering to the tuiton payment for non degree student. That's a guess...but since I really don't wanna miss the deadline and I've already bothered a lot the ISO staffs by sending tons of emails, it would be great if anyone could confirm it...thanks

haha lol im so confused! got in now and it quite clear :

logg on UIS!!

Im only staying for a semester....(logg on UIS!) they have all your information there..!

Fee Description Year Currency Amount Amount paid Payment processed time Status

International Language Students Academic Year 2011-2012 CNY 10,500.00 0.00 Pay now - (and when i picked this one another page with info came up info and a new buttom to klick on..

Im going to pay during this week, when i get my salery^^