Chinese-Forums

Beauty parlours in Beijing

prateeksha

Now this is a pretty girly query, but there might be guys around who may have some clue about this.

Are there good beauty parlours in Beijing which are at the same time affordable too? I am coming as a student to BLCU on sponsorship, so won't have cash to blow up on fancy salons and spas. All I'm looking for is an eyebrow threading and once in a blue moon facial.

I am posting from New Delhi, India and here eyebrow threading costs 2 RMB. A decent facial comes for 45-50 RMB but the price may go upto 100-120 RMB too. Not talking about high-end salons. Just neighbourhood parlours. I'm trying to chalk out my monthly budget so yeah I have to consider this too :huh:

Any information on this? If parlours are not there, what do the pretty ladies in Beijing do about their eyebrows?

To be honest, I never saw threading salons in Beijing...but I probably wasn't looking hard enough. The best bet is to find where there is a local Indian community and see if someone knows how to do it...well. In that case you may not have to go to a actual salon, but learn through word of mouth. For many services that tend to be more popular in a certain ethnic community that's sort of the thing you need to do (Such as if someone wants braids/plaits, etc too) you need to literally follow and ask the pretty girls when you get there! (don't worry...there are at least a handful :P and this is good 'socializing' practice too. There is nothing girls like more than to chat with you after you offer a compliment :rolleyes: )

(As a side note, in the US I see threading salons everywhere (I literally have at least 5 in walking distance) and have seen South Asian and South East Asian salons offering the service, but I've never seen Chinese salons offering it..but who knows maybe it has spread in Beijing in recent years, but some board members currently in China would need to investigate.)

Also, you can always search for these online:

纯棉线脱毛; 印度棉线脱毛; 印度脱毛术; Bridal facial hair removal

There are definitely places to get facials, but I personally cannot recommend any b/c this would probably be a very particular issue since everyone's skin is different. You would probably really want to investigate this further once you land in Beijing...I'm sure that you don't want to trust your skin with just anyone!

In terms of what to do if you cannot find a threading parlor. I personally have a nice set of tweezers that have lasted me at least 10 years (welcome to the world of tweezerman) and throughout my travels. Alternatively if you are worried about tweezing your eyebrows yourself and damaging follicles, you can shave your brows, these nifty disposable mini razors (修眉刀)are available everywhere & really cheap...or just let everything grow out for a while and go for the bold, natural eyebrow look for a while.

Best of luck!

• Like 1