Chinese-Forums

Which one sounds better?

rezaf

Because of my friends I have developed two different accents; One is close to my Chinese-Malaysian friends and one is close to Beifangren(the 鄉下 version). Sometimes in one conversation I use both of them which sounds awkward. That's why from now on I want to focus on learning one of them. Please tell me which one you think sounds better.

无标题 (60).wma

无标题 (61).wma

post-10310-004669700 1307375499_thumb.jpg

Your pronunciation is readily understandable except the middle parts of both recordings. Personally, I am of the opinion that the first one is better than the second one.

By the way, why did you say from the perspective of TCM, the pathogens are 六淫 or 风, 寒, 暑, 湿, 燥, 火? Aren’t 七情内伤 pathogens too? :blink:

Oh I just read a passage from a book I was reading at that time(开启中医之门by刘力红)the book is mostly a collection of 李阳波's writings and things that he has said so it's not really scientific but in that particular case they were talking about 麻黄 so maybe 六淫 was the topic and anyway 六淫 is the most common 病因。

I'm not really in a position to say this, but I think your tones could be tightened up before you choose an accent. For example, when you say 疾病, 疾's tone seems clipped/incomplete and 病 doesn't seem to be enough of a 第四声.

I'd like some comments/criticism on my reading as well. I recorded the first sentence of your extract - maybe you guys can tell me if any of my tones or enunciations are funny?

"虽然疾病的表现是十分复杂的,但是造成这些复杂表现的因,并不复杂。"

sentence sample - creamyhorror 2.mp3

• Like 1

虽然疾病的表现是非常复杂的

你念的是‘十分’ :mrgreen: otherwise very good.

@rezaf, I agree with kenny and think that the first one sounds better - mind you, I spent most of my time in northern China, so naturally I prefer a more northern accent.

Thanks everyone for your comments. Pronunciation is one of my last concerns right now as according to my plan I should spend a lot of time on vocabulary and writing and anyway I don't think that I can ever become like a native speaker. But I think from now on I will post samples of my pronunciation here to at least try to make it more clear. Kenny and others, apart

from 病 can you also tell me the other words that you think where unclear in the first recording?

I can live with a bit accented - after all, my English is a bit accented (Australian) too

There are lots of people who are fluent and have accent. Even most of Chinese people can't speak the standard Putonghua. I think being clear is more important.

I think it will be kind of freaky if everyone speaks like 新闻联播 anchors. On the other hand, I always prefer light accents. The second recording of yours sounds a bit too southern to me (no 卷舌音 at all...), which is something I think one needs to avoid.