Chinese-Forums

Swimming, gym workouts & other sports in Harbin

kala

I'm going to spend July in Harbin, and wasn't planning on stopping exercising just because I'll move to the other side of the world for a while -> I spent a few hours browsing the web, mainly searching for places to swim (has to be at least a 25 meter track!) or do a gym workout (weightlifting etc).

Here are my findings on Google Maps:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=200000034256727710469.0004a68ee5a8babc95a90&ie=UTF8&z=12

I haven't been to any of these places since this will be my first time in Harbin. Has anyone visited any of the places on the list? I'm looking for a place where no membership is needed since I'm only staying for a month.

Info on other forms of exercise is welcome too :) I'm not studying at any of Harbin's universities so I probably won't be able to use their facilities - or will I? (I have a student card though but it's from a foreign university)

I have never been to Harbin so I can't tell you about the places.

About the university facilities : here in beijing I also go to another university to use their sports facilities and I don't think it will be a problem to use them without beeing a student at that university. The only problem with the university places might be that they close for the summer as it is the summer holiday period.

• 2 weeks later...

I was at 黑大 for six weeks last summer. The pool and gym there (on campus) are good, but I think non-students have to pay. They've also got a running track and some outdoor gym equipment that you could use freely without anyone noticing.

Well, at least one university pool turned me down because I wasn't a student there. The pool at HeiDa should be available for all though.

I drew a blank also at 五环游泳馆, closed down.

融府 pool was small and only 15 m long, and I was the only one not taking a break after every 10 meters. There was no concept of lanes in the only part of the pool that adults where allowed to use so it ended up being a combination of a kind of 'slalom swimming' and diving to keep moving. Still managed to snake around for about 45 mins though.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Anyone know of any decent gyms around HIT area? Will be arriving in around 3 weeks and would like to sign up.

I read a bit on http://wikitravel.org/en/Harbin#Exercise_and_Fitness and can see 美丽方舟健身俱乐部 - which is located at - 南岗区西大直街118号哈特, so very close to where I will be studying/living. What will I likely be paying for a gym membership in Harbin?

Thanks!