Chinese-Forums

good place to find teaching positions in china

kangkai

Do you guys have any good webpages or companies to help me locate teaching jobs in China? It looks like I'm going to be unemployed this December and I think it is god telling me to change jobs.

I'd appreciate any help you might have to offer.

There's so much crap about teaching in China all over the net. It depends if you're picky about where you want to go and what kind of school you want to teach at. I'm looking for a job too, but I'm specifically looking to teach at a public university in Kunming, so about 95% of the stuff on the web is useless.

I'd suggest looking at Dave's ESL cafe, which is at www.eslcafe.com. There should be enough there to get you started. On the forums there's a stickied post in the China section that has a whole bunch of links for finding jobs.

What I've had to do is track down the websites for the schools themselves and try and pull relevant info from there, which can be an excruciating process (the links will inevitably be broken, or the english page advertising for foreign teachers will be buried under a million other links in Chinese, or, as in the case of one school, they'll put up an ad without any contact info at all).

Good luck! Do you know where in China you'd want to go? What kind of school?