Chinese-Forums

Ocean University of China, Qingdao

Saxondale

@Zhuli!

As thrice12 says there's only a business class in E level.

Each level is one semester of classes. Fall semester starts in September and finishes in December.

The Final Exams are the first days of January.OUC decides on the official dates of the final exams so they hang them up all over the school.

Amd the Mid-term exams are around the first week of November... Although normally each class (the teacher along with the students) decide the dates of the mid-term exams!

post-52715-0-29586300-1406487251_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Yes! mid-term exams (Fall semester) are around the begining of November. You said before you got the CI scholarship so i guess that what you should do is attend the Final exams... the first days of January. You also said that you were going back home for Christmas right? So you should be back for the Finals!

Ah! Another thing about levels... In fact, you can do as you like... You may go to D and then to E, you could go to B and then to E, you can even go to E and then back to C... It doesn't matter... I know people that went from E to D, from C to E, or did C and then C again! Hehe

So no problem at all!

Ah! The picture i attached before is from the brochure they send with the application form etc!

• Like 1

I didn't get any brochures whatsoever yet. The only thing I got is the acceptance form and a contract to sign. I guess with the first days of january you mean the first week, right? Is it possible to kinda postpone finals for a day or two? I really hope that I get the rest of the stuff soon, i have less than four weeks to go...

@Zhuli

I guess by what you are saying that you received papers related to the CI scholarship. I mean, you haven't applied directly to OUC. Because when you apply to a Language Programm at OUC they send you an envrlope with the admission notice and the Visa application paper or JW202 (these two are needed to get the Visa), a brochure and papers about regulations of the OUC, information for registration etc.

Anyway... Even if you didn't receive a brochure etc you canalways check all the information on their website!!!!

post-52715-0-24424100-1406547096_thumb.jpg

Yes, by saying the first days of January i mean the first days of the first week of January!

Last Fall's semester (September 2013-January 2014) we had our Final exams on Wednesday 1st of January, Thursday the 2nd and Friday the 3rd.

This Fall's semester (September 2014-January 2015) the 1st of January is a Thursday and the 2nd is a Friday so i don't know if exams will be from Wednesday 31st of December to Friday 2nd of January.

I'm sorry but i have no idea if you can postpone your Final Exams. I guess that is something you will have to ask at OUC!!!

• Like 1

Yes!! Those two are the most important for getting the Visa in your country.

As you will get a Visa for studying more than 6 months you will have to get your medical examination done in Qibgdao. But when you arrive OUC will inform you about all that.

OUC usually sends in the same envelope a brochure and other papers. Nut anyway. It's ok!

the brochure only gives basicinformation about degree courses, master courses or the prices of rooms in dorms. Then there is a paper with information as when you arrive to Qingdao airpprt you cam tale a taxi or bus etc, a bit about Visas. Then the other paper is about regulation for international students of OUC, and a map of Fushan campus.

But as i said before. You can find all these informations on their website. I don't think they will send you (post) more stuff... Just look on the internet. Orif you have any specific question just ask here!

Also... Most of the information has already been talked about on this forum! So you can take a look at old posts!!!

:)

• Like 1

@Ahiris Well I sent admissions an email about reserving a room for me and they said "We already reserve the room". So I don't know if they mean they reserved it for me or what.

Anyway, I'll be arriving on August 28th at about 1400

See y'all then!

@TyO!

By 'admissions' you mean the people who prepared your admission and application papers, right? Well, as i told you before i also did that one year ago! I sent them an email about booking a single room and they also said that no problem! I had a room reserved. But then when i arrived to the dorm the girl at reception didn't have my name written down anywhere. So...

The guys from the school office prepare all the papers for the students etc and i dont think they are in contact with the dorm.

But remember i also asked a few weeks ago to the girls at the dorm reception and they said rooms can't be booked!!!

So this is all like crazy. But hey! things, most of the time, are just like this, so... Patience and perseverance!!!

Also the girls said that they had no free rooms in july august because they had them reserved. But then they will be free for new semester.

So... Maybe they don't accept bookings but they do keep a number of rooms for the new coming students. That's why it depends then on who comes first.

Ahhhhh but then maybe they do make bookings but only to certain people or who knows....

Just be prepared for any situation! So good luck and see you around!!!!

• Like 1

@ahiris Shoot, now I wish I was getting in earlier...Do certain dorms fill up faster than others? I was hoping to get a single room in the main international building but I guess we'll see.

Also I'm a little concerned with what to do once I get there? Go straight to the dorms or is there like an international student office I go to check in to? I don't want to be just wandering around with all my luggage

Nothing at the campus you'll be going to. Everything's In Laoshan campus. Across the road Qingdao university have a running track, so you can either jump the fence or walk 10/15 to the entrance. There's nothing apart from the class rooms and dorm.

Why non of my messages have been posted?  :-?

Nothing in Fushan. We have a swimming pool in Laoshan. 
For gym there is one outside the Uni, more close to Qingdao Uni. People were going there for 700 per year, as I heard. It has pretty much everything you need. For more details you will know when you come around. I'm sure there will be someone else going there.  8)

• Like 1

One more question:

What are the dorm rooms equipped with? Do I need to bring towels and bed sheets? Do the beds have a real (soft) matress or do they have the hard chinese style ones? How about cooking appliances?

Bring your normal toiletry stuff, including a towel.   Bed sheets and pillows are provided, which you can get changed every Saturday.  There's a kitchen but it has nothing in it, so if you want to cook, you'll have to buy your own cooking stuff.

• Like 1

Hi Zhuli.

In the rooms you have a bed with HARD matress, a quilt or duvet, two pillows and bedsheets. Those bedsheets they provide you with can be changed every Saturday morning. You go to a room in 5th floor give them the used ones and they give you new ones.

They don't give you towels so bring your own or just buy cheap ones in the shop.

Rooms are equipped with a bed, a desk with drawers, a chair, a bookshelf, a wardrobe with no door, a TV, an air-conditioner. In the bathroom a mirror and a shelf.

No cooking appliances.

There is a "kitchen" in the 4th floor with no coking equipment so it's only full of tables and a watertap.

If you want to cook you should get yourself a portable cooker, some people also buy small fridges, and whatever supplies you need for cooking.

• Like 1