Chinese-Forums

Ocean University of China, Qingdao

Saxondale

• New Members

Hi everybody!

I'm coming to study at OUC, my name is Marketa.

I would like to ask you a few questions:

1) My flight arrives to Qingdao at 8:30 p.m. I would like to ask you if it is possible to be accommodated at dormitory at this time.

2) Is it better to take bus or to take a taxi from airport to the dormitory?

3) Where do I find the registration place? :)

Thank you very much for your answers!

Hello Marketa. 
You are welcome to Qingdao, heh. 

1) Yes, there is always a people on the reception desk in the dorm, so you shouldn't have any problems with accommodating before 10 p.m. Even 11 p.m. is fine, they will manege it, since it's their job. =)

2) Obviously bus is cheaper, it's only 20 to 25 kuai. But, from the bus line you will still have to take a taxi, cause at that time there is only one of 3 lines working. And if you take that one, you will have to step out on Carefour (jia le fu) stop, than take a cab and then + 12 to 14 kuai to rich the dorm. 

When taxi is gonna cost you about 80-90 kuai, but it will get you right to dorm. It's up to you.

3) Registration place is inside Fushan campus, since you arrive late, no one is going to register you at that time, so until the morning you don't need to think about. There is a map in the dorm, on the first flour (well, map, piece of printed picture) where is described pretty much everything that you need to know about Fushan campus and what is inside of it.

Hope that will help ya. 

And, once again - Welcome to QD. =)

• Like 1

To Zhuli

Fqrouter2 is exactly what you need. Free access to Facebook and YouTube. The last one doesn't really work in YouTube app for me, but still working in browser.

But, better then prepaid vpn you can't really find anything else.

• Like 1

They believe so. Don't expect to be understood completely. But, level is enough to tell how much do you have to pay, and when.:)

is the fushan campus big/will i have any trouble finding the international dorm? And will internet be easy to set up for my dorm?

and i see that the last day to register is the 29th (i get in on the 28th). Will they be a little lax if i need some time to get a chinese bank account so i can get the tuition money? Same for dorm, do i need to pay my deposit and rent immediately when I get there or do I have a couple days?

Thanks for all the helpful answers so far, looking forward to meeting some of you

Hi TyO!

Well, i don't think that Fushan campus is too big! I'll post a map of the campus so you cancheck where the dormand school are!

About registration there is no problem if you register later! I know of people arriving to Qingdao with classes already started and regustering then! Just go pick a class and pay! :)

About dorm... The minute you get there and ask for a room you usually have to pay! I remember that at first they asked you to pay three months inadvance! But maybe you can just pay for one. You also pay a fee that they will give you back when you leave the room (if you haven't destroyed it or something!)

It would be better if you already brought some money with you! Yuan or euro and then change them in China.

About internet. We al usually contact a guy that installs wifi in your room. It!s 10pyuan per month plus the rent fee of the modem. You canget his phone number fromal.ost anyone in the dorm. If you are sharing room maybe they already have it installed! Some people also share internet with rooms close to his so they pay less!

Have a safe trip to Qingdao! See you around!

post-52715-0-44002300-1409067866_thumb.jpg

• New Members

hey guys, I would like to ask you for help. I was awarded with Chinese Governenment scholarship and I'm coming to Qingdao on Thursday. I received an Admission notice but I didn't received the information on which campus I'll be staying. From the international office i received only the information that I should come to doŕitory at address: Qingda 1Road. could you advise me which campus it is?:) Thank you!

No need to confuse. There is two types of wifi. One is provided by uni, and it's cost 50 per month. Another one is 100, but you also have to pay few months straight, and some equipment fee. Unless, you will leaving with someone else, who already has it settled.

Etherne doesn't really work there. Most of the rooms were disconnected from it.

That's right! Sorry i didn't even mention the univesity's wifi, it's cheaper, 50yuan, but some people say it doesn't work too good and depending on where you live the signal is better or worse. In my case i got the "internet guy's" wifi from the start! (so i haven't tried the uni one). The internet guy makes you pay the rent fee for the equipment but he gives you back that money when you leave Qingdao! Then it's 100yuan per month.

sorry if i confused you!

@Zhuli

I have no idea about how to proceed! I just know that students with scholarship usually stay at dormitory number 4. You have to go to the international students dormitory and there you register. Dorm number 4 is just a couple of minutes away walking from the international students dorm.