Chinese-Forums

Jasmine Provincial Government Scholarship

Ju Leeyet

it seems many people applied for CSC scholarships 2011, did anyone apply for Jasmine Scholarship for Provincial Government 2011? or better still does anyone know what the Jasmine scholarship covers and when it is given?

I thank you in advance for your help. :rolleyes:

The Jasmine Scholarship is run by our friends at CUCAS. See this other thread for recent discussion:

http://www.chinese-forums.com/index.php?/topic/33373-my-scholarship-worth-us-2000-and-one-vote-of-yours/

I stated my opinion that this organization is more of a for-profit agency than a governmental funded scholarship.

I don't think it's run by them, they just have more info about it than the people actually running it.

You're probably right, but I can't find any main English website for them. Probably a few extra scholarships the CSC gave them and CUCAS will connect you as a middle-man.

@khaledjudo thanx for the link. @Roddy, do you suppose then that this Jasmine Government Scholarship is real? is there a chance that it could be a scam? Does any one know it's details? is it a full scholarship? what precisey does it cover?

I hope someone has reliable details about it: Just trying to play it safe before venturing into anything:rolleyes: thanx

It's not going to be a scam, but it's likely to be an opaque, poorly-documented, time-consuming and confusing process, with no guarantee of a successful outcome.

Keep in mind this will be the case for any government program or school you apply to. Third party agencies will do the work for you, but at a cost.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

@ Roddy

I applied through email to Jiangsu University.i also sent application form+jiasmine scholarship Form around end of july or start of August..

In mid september i got Email from Jiangsu University that they have shortlisted my name for schoalrship and will let me know final result at the end of september..at around 5-6th oct i got congratulation email that i am luckily to get jiasmine Govt scholarship and i will get 30,000RMB per year on monthly installments..

Then they asked me to submit application fee and after submission they sent me JW202 form and admission Form..which i submitted in china embassy in pakistan and got Student visa in 2 days..and my flight for china is on coming 20 November..

i am Tense about the Scholarship amount because it will only cover my tuition Fee+some Hostel fee but for food i will have to manage myself.i have asked this thing from university and University Oversease dept told me that they will try to help me for finding part time job..

If you or anybody can help me Or give me some advice.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I think Dr. Sattar will post this himself at some point, but in case he doesn't and I forget, he's told me via email that he turned up in Jiangsu, waited for two weeks during which they hadn't yet got the money from government yet, then had to return to Pakistan. Future Jasmine Scholarship applicants be aware . .

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

@ Roddy

You right I have cameback to pakistan because Jiangsu Govt didnt gave me scholarship money and Jiangsu University representative was unable to help me..Please Please Be aware..As i am Victim of this kind of scholarship so i can say its a Fake..

My one friend who reached jiangsu university 1 month before from me,and after reaching he paid the Tuition fee to university so when i reached there after 1 month and got the news that Govt dont pay any scholarship amount to university yet,i Immedicatly refunded my tuition fee and decided to go back to pakistan.

But my friend has trapped because University policy is that you can refund your tuition money with in 1 week after registration so he was unable to refund his fee and uptill now he is waiting for Scholarship amount from jiangsu Govt and studying just chines as university delayed his engineering degree due to insufficient students..

• Like 1

Also there is no part time job in china for students.

Jinagsu University International Dept confirmed me that they will give me the job as i was already doing Teaching job as Junior Lecturer but when i reached there the university representative told me that we dont have a job.it shows chines universities lying too..

In university i met with an Iranian Doctor who was Phd scholar and was teaching teaching MBBS students as well but university was not paying a single peny to him.and he was paying 40,000RMB per year to university..

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • New Members

Bump! Interested in this scholarship but those earlier posts got me really worried if I should continue applying or not. Was not able to meet the deadline for the Chinese Government Scholarship this year (knew about it so late) and I am hoping to get this one instead. But if the earlier posts are true, and if others would share similar stories, then I'd better wait a year.

• 2 months later...