Chinese-Forums

Best intensive Chinese courses in US?

dreamon

• 1 month later...

yialanliu, were you at Middlebury this summer of 2011? Hopefully you can come post here and tell about it. I sent in the application last month and saw Middlebury reps at the ACTFL conference last week, they said it may not be until January when they send out notices.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Been accepted for Middlebury this summer as well, excited. Not 100% sure I'll be attending, but most likely. Have to iron out some details with work, but I think it'll happen. Haven't studied any Chinese for a couple years so I'm nervous. Not sure I'm ready for level 2, but I'm definitely not a beginner anymore. Speaking wise, I can get around, but I'm still basically illiterate. I've been out school for about 10 years, it makes me nervous to think about being in a classroom again. But it's been one of my life's ambitions to become truly conversant in Mandarin, and I have a chance to do it, so I'll do whatever I need to do to get it done.

Meng Lelan, sorry for not seeing your post. I was 2009. 2010 I was in Nanjing and 2011 was in Beijing for studies.

Middlebury is as good as Beijing(PKU). Although my teacher at Nanjing(NJU) teaches at Middlebury for the summer program so that would make it comparable? :P