Chinese-Forums

Hostels and school in Kunming

nani0077

hi everyone!

some questions:

im arriving to kunming next week and i need to book a hostel.

does anyone know some hostels not too far from tenwest (http://www.tenwest.cn) school?

I've read some good reviews about the Camellia Hotel and Long May Youth Hotel, but they are a bit too far from the school,

so any idea if maybe there are closer Chinese teaching schools near their area?

i'm unable to find the official website for SFL school, any idea what it is? (google is not very friendly with this :)

any assistance with these would be really really helpful,

tnx allot :))

nani

Hump Hostel is in the city center and Keats school is just 5 minutes by bus from there .There are also many schools there to study Chinese in different locations with a hostels near by .I suggest you rent your own room or flat because the cheapest offer in the hostel will be 35 Yuan per night in a dorm with others which more than you need to pay In a privet room in a shared flat.

i'm unable to find the official website for SFL school

What is SFL school? Is it a language school? Does it have a more complete name; in other words, what do the letters sand for?

If what you really want to do is attend Tenwest Mandarin, why don't you ask them about lodging possibilities nearby?

tnx you guys 4 answering!!

i already arrived to kunming - 2day is my first day here- im staying in the "the hump" hostel..

keats school is very expensive!

i would realy like to rent my own room- but i want to stay here only untill the end of the mounth- where can i found an apartmant for such a short period??

abcdefg: i tried to contact them via e-mail adress with a lot of questions- but they havnt replied:(

any advice will be great- tnx u!tnx u! tnx u!!

Welcome to kunming nani .Keats school have small classes for group of students which cost about 4000 Yuan per semester also some public schools can have the same rate for 10 classes a week for 20 weeks .Hump is nice choice for location .For staying just a month or less the hostel could be OK.Good luck and nice stay .