Chinese-Forums

East China Normal University

zaydxpres

Hi,

I've gotten a reply! I asked in the Q&A portion of the site if they could see my emails and they did, I got a reply shortly after posting my question there. They said that they were busy with the registration (I picked the perfect moment to apply to coincide with the registration for Spring 2017, which made it difficult for them to attend to me... oops.) and I should expect my admission letter by late March to mid April. I should be able to reserve for a dormitory by then.

Hello everyone :) 

I have a question to @iekkim  :)

I am also applying to the ECNU. I sent them question via the online consultation and sent an email on their public mailbox, but I haven't gotten any replay. 

Could you tell me please, after how many days you have received your answer? And how did you contact them? 

Hi @OlkaN98,

It took them around 2 weeks to reply to me because I emailed them the week before Chinese New Year, I think they were on holiday. I contacted them via email lxs@ecnu.edu.cn and through their online consultation. I just waited for them to reply and checked the site and my email daily in case I missed it. There isn't really anything else you can do but wait. Hope this helps.

@iekkim

I received the reply today. Thank you for your help :)

I am applying for the bachelor program (international economy & trade) starting in the September. But my Chinese is quite poor so before going to ECNU I will have to take a one year of the preparatory Chinese classes. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I applied for Confucius Scholarship to study MTCSOL this September. Just passed the interview with ECNU on Wednesday and two days later my status is pre-admitted 预录取 with a remark 表现良好,汉语流利,从事汉语国际教育意愿,拟同意预录取. The interview was easy, much more simple and straightforward than expected, took around 10 minutes.

1. A self-introduction
  2. Chinese learning experience, including previously taken classes related to Chinese since I'm changing fields
  3. Current job
  4. Why pursue a master degree
  5. Why chose to teach Chinese
  6. Chinese teaching situation in my country (stress on your advantage as local teacher)

Nothing about past research achievements, research proposal, interested research fields for thesis.

No technical questions on elementary knowledge about Chinese language, Chinese grammar like Chinese students go through in 考研复试面试.

No testing of Chinese proficiency, like @艾墨本 had to read a text aloud and reply to open end questions...

There were two teachers interviewing me via skype in a classroom, and my face probably projected on the wall. Teachers were very friendly. Audio was fine but with slight time lag. Make sure you have strong wifi, good lighting and no background noise.

So now we've got to wait for Hanban to confirm 已授予 status. Cheers, and may the odds be in our favour :lol: 

Hope to see you guys in Shanghai!

• Like 3
  • Helpful 1

• New Members

Hi Sharon, @Sharon_Too

Before your status on Hanban's website was changed, did ECNU ask you to provide a medical check form? I took the same interview and the woman responsible for the Confucius scholarships in their office (really unpleasant and even quite rude, to be honest) kept claiming that before she can update my status on Hanban's website she needs to see my physical test.

On 6/9/2017 at 11:18 PM, mesmerized said:

Before your status on Hanban's website was changed, did ECNU ask you to provide a medical check form? I took the same interview and the woman responsible for the Confucius scholarships in their office (really unpleasant and even quite rude, to be honest) kept claiming that before she can update my status on Hanban's website she needs to see my physical test.

I was required to turn one in before they could do so. Once I did my status was changed in the 30 seconds following hanging up the phone. 

Sorry you had a bad experience with staff. I've had only great experiences with their support staff.

@mesmerized I had already included the medical form when I mailed all my documents a few months ago. It was mentioned in the checklist for the scholarship application, it's for them to process the student visa (albeit the medical form being valid for 6 months only). Actually, in my case they were just waiting for my recommending institution to confirm my application. The staff was friendly and courteous in general and promptly replied to my mails, especially Mrs 孙琦 who's responsible for international admissions. Perhaps they are just overwhelmed with all the applications right now. Anyway, we're lucky enough to move to step two. Cheers! :P

• Like 1

Good luck! 

ECNU 对外汉语教育学院 is part of this.

[read the notice bellow] 

Welcome to join if this cooperation leads to something more permanent.

I guess this is a good place for a MTCSOL. You were interested in that program, hope you get your letter of admission soon.

Angelina

“博览约取、求实创新——2017华东师大与浙大语言学学术交流报告会”邀请函

敬启者:

为了加强沪、杭两地中青年语言学者之间的学术交流,华东师范大学、浙江大学拟联合主办“博览约取、求实创新——2017华东师大与浙大语言学学术交流报告会”,此次会议由华东师范大学中文系、华东师范大学对外汉语学院承办,分别以“丽娃学术沙龙”“青年教师联谊会”的名义举行,诚邀两校语言学专业的青年教师及在读博士生积极与会,互通有无,交流心得。

会议时间定于2017年6月24—25日(外地代表的报到时间为6月23日),会议地点为华东师范大学闵行校区。具体信息稍后发出。

此次会议将为沪外代表提供沪、杭之间的往返交通补贴和会议期间的食宿费用。

若有意参会,请于2017年6月17日以前,将参会论文题目、提要(1000字左右)掷至以下邮箱:wzheng@zhwx.ecnu.edu.cn(郑伟)或wenleishi@zju.edu.cn(史文磊)。

会议筹备组

2017年5月31日

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

@Angelina Thanks for sharing the notice, but I will (hopefully) be enrolling only in September. Sounds cool though I'm sure there will be more similar intercollegiate seminars and events to come. Actually ECNU is partnered with quite a few Confucius Institutes, a total of nine I think. Their 华师大国汉基地公众号 (Wechat ID: ECNUghjd) is also pretty active, you can check it out. 

• 1 month later...