Chinese-Forums

Looking for Intermediate Book+CD

wlee08

I'm sure there must be tons of options out there but I'm looking for something fairly specific: an Intermediate/Advanced book of Chinese dialogues in characters, pinyin, and English. (I like to see all three) It should also have an accompanying CD where the dialogues are being spoken at a normal speed (Not slow!)

So far the best I have found is the Assimil: Chinese with Ease (the last few dialogues are spoken at a relatively normal speed) and Le Chinois Contemporain (a french text and CD)

Any suggestions appreciated!

For lower intermediate to intermediate I think the "Talk Chinese" series might fit? (these are not university textbooks, just a series of small books with dialogues about a given topic with some explanations on the side. But they do have hanzi, pinyin and English, and come with MP3 CDs.)

The editor is Sinolingua, some books that I bought are "Communicative Talk", "Office Talk", "IT Talk", and there are others about Shopping, Travel, Sports etc.

post-30468-095744200 1313270733_thumb.jpg

post-30468-079036000 1313270747_thumb.jpg

sample_CommTalk.mp3

sample_OfficeTalk.mp3

• Like 3

• 8 years later...
On 8/13/2011 at 11:39 PM, edelweis said:

For lower intermediate to intermediate I think the "Talk Chinese" series might fit?

Rather than starting a new thread, I decided to necro this thread...

I got these books from a bookstore on 王府井 street about half a year now and finally decided to pop the CD into my player: this is actually a good series of books if you want to improve your listening comprehension and 口语. You can listen to the audio and read along or just listen.

I have Campus Talk, Communicative Talk, Leisure Talk and Daily Life Talk. They are rather cheap (in China).

• Like 2