Chinese-Forums

Youtube unblocked!

Matty2

or the majority of posters who appear to have misunderstood my intentions

That was probably a result of the totally unnecessary personal attacks and abuse included in your post. Sometimes how you say something has far more of an effect than what you say.

it's increasingly clear to me that this forum is aimed at English teachers

It's increasingly clear to me that you really have no idea what this forum is about.

A fine example is that users probably access their email direct from a PC, with no VPN or SSH encryption at all

And some of us have been using SSH tunnels for email and web-browsing since long before it was as common and widespread as it is now.

• Like 2

If I didn't post it here, someone woud have posted it elsewhere.

I can tell you a few better ways to test if sites are still banned or not, if it's meant to be permanently banned and they want to keep such a careful eye on it, would a little bot that checks blocked sites every hour or two not be nice and simple? I could write one in my sleep.

The government if they were so interested in me may just found out, and here is my terrible secret, that I get way more spam than actual email, that I have one of those evil Kindle things that are banned - the horror. That my paypal and banking all have enough security that they'd need my physical devices to take money anyway, if they really wanted to see how much money I don't have, they could in theory do that.

That's about it, they're welcome to all the spam and occasional email from x-clients that they like.

That all being said, I do use SSH.

I'm afraid that for the most part many people don't worry about the security on their email in terms of the government, because the government is not overly worried that uncle bill bought a new little puppy and sarah just graduated from university. I'm afraid most people just aren't that interesting, I'm not for sure.

I'd say more than likely you suffer emergency button because they've been stunned that it was unbanned accidently with their hourly checking of this site.

I'm no longer going to use this forum

I fully support your decision!

I prefer the more polite and friendly members, even if many of them are - shock and horror again - "techno-illiterate".

Good luck with the language learning; for anything actually serious; be it business or technical, it's a shame this website seems unable to cope, and rather ridicules those who are simply trying to help by correcting the mistaken assumptions made by others.

The problem is not with the trying to make suggestions or give advice, it's with the very offensive tone you use in doing it. You have no idea how "techno-illiterate" any here is or isn't. I'm no English teacher.

• Like 3

-19!?!? When you lot gang up, you really gang up . . .

The guy's not coming back, everyone else is in agreement, Youtube's blocked again and all is right with the world. Back to core business, folks.

• Like 2