Chinese-Forums

Chinese people won't stop waking me up

WestTexas

Military training is just a form of brainwash, getting the new uni students tamed before they went out to do something stupid like what happened in 1989, and from here I guess you will figure out why guns and killing are not involved. And the "real" military training for soldiers in China is quite serious as well. They learn how to kill there. Just the Chinese government for some reason is more secretive about that...

Glad to hear your sleeping pattern has improved. And if you don't mind, please share with us the measures you have taken and whether you think they have worked or not, just as a reference for our forum members who may be experiencing or likely to have the same problem.

• Like 1

Oh dear god, they were just being nice. They were coming over to give you moon cakes. I have once been woken up at 7 am by an old Chinese women with dementia trying to find her "son". And I didn't mind. Why would you mind someone giving you a gift? Would you rather be ignored by everyone? You just have to learn when to pick you battles; why get mad so easy? Anyway, you don't seem to mind getting free fruit at the "bar". Don't pick and choose/ i.e. take advantage of the kindness. Be gracious.

And the "real" military training for soldiers in China is quite serious as well. They learn how to kill there. Just the Chinese government for some reason is more secretive about that...

Yeah, so "secretive" that they practice baoynetting in front of the Worker's Gymnasium every morning I walk by on the way to work... it's pretty obvious if you ask me.

Also, this is kind of related to my research, which deals with the development of 体育(and 国防体育) in the 1950s and 1960s. They taught kids how to throw items that were roughly the side of hand grenades and how to do "obstacle" running with mock rifles on their backs. (By the way, if any people on this forum have additional information or resources - or personal experience via a relative - that they care to share, do let me know! I am collecting old manuals from kongfz.com at the moment on this andall other aspects of 1950s-60s 体育. I know this kind of training continued into the 1970s but likely stopped sometime after the CR.)

Glad to hear your sleeping pattern has improved. And if you don't mind, please share with us the measures you have taken and whether you think they have worked or not, just as a reference for our forum members who may be experiencing or likely to have the same problem.

Really I just changed my schedule and got used to it. I wake up at 6am every day now just like the Chinese. When I do get woken up, I don't get angry like I used to, I just kind of lay there and eventually I fall back asleep.

As for my job as an English teacher, I found it online. It is very easy to find job listings for this job and you don't need to be well-qualified, but you have to be careful not to get scammed. If you want more info you can read www.middlekingdomlife.com. I am one of the only foreigners in this city so I'm not going to say where it is or what school I work for.

Yeah, so "secretive" that they practice baoynetting in front of the Worker's Gymnasium every morning I walk by on the way to work... it's pretty obvious if you ask me.

I will so laugh if you really think that kind of bayonetting is part of the training... :D

When I do get woken up

Even when you wake up at 6 am everyday? Are you sure your have changed the time zone on your computer? :D Just kidding. I was curious when you said

Actually since I posted that first post people have stopped coming by so early.

and I thought you must have somehow let them know that you do not wish to be woken up so early. But then again they seem to get your idea even that this post is the only complaint you have made. Hey, Chinese-forums may have much more native Chinese members than I have thought... :)

I will so laugh if you really think that kind of bayonetting is part of the training... :D

??? Then what would it be? The military form of a dance party?

I'm not an idiot, I realize that real bayonetting has or is practiced still, but it would be more difficult to conduct that on Gongti beilu in front of pedestrians.