Chinese-Forums

Where can I get a tongue piercing in Beijing?

Yaya

Honestly if you don´t find another place don´t do it there. I have got one piercing and I know some people that work as piercer and one thing that would make me not go there is that I don´t believe that they can sterilize their working place and equipement for under 30 kuai. Another thing is that for a piercing I wouldn´t use whatever metal, a lot of piercings are made out of chirurgical metal so that the body doesn´t reject it and this kind of metal doesn´t come cheap either. I know one tattoo artist and have to pass in his shop in the coming weeks if I don´t forget about it I will ask him if he knows a good (and clean) piercer.

• Like 2

I'm biting my tongue (instead of piercing it.) My thoughts on the subject are not particularly based in science. For better or for worse, I just belong to a different generation.

On the "foreigner" streets of Kunming one sees lots of pierced young Western faces. It seems popular here.

I understand that, but was wondering about how "clean" the instruments would be, especially in a non-clinical setting where they come into contact with bodily fluids and blood. Recall that I used to translate articles about how everyone was getting HIV through plasma and blood donations.

• Like 1

Given that here in Beijing you can't even trust that the food you eat or the air you breathe is clean enough for human consumption, if I were you I'd postpose this until you're in a more strictly regulated country.

• 1 month later...
  • New Members

I recommend not getting a tongue piercing in China. Yes, there are various places which you could get a piercing, but the sanitary standards are... well, different from what you might know. And I especially wouldn't risk it with the tongue, since there are a LOT of things which can go very, very wrong! Get your ear pierced - that's alright and I got earpiercings in Beijing as well, but only after I asked the women to desinfect everything twice... anyway, think about it and if you really want it, don't go to the first piercer you see, but look around to find the cleanest place.